1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TRAPSHOOTING USA magazine came.....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pheasantsgalore, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

received my Trapshooting USA magazine on Saturday,....Wow,...lots of great articles on the Grand, and story on Devon Harris who won the $100K. Lots of great stuff to read as always !!!!! Rob G.

2. indycamster

indycamster Member

Yes, by and large, a good issue. Great story about Devon, and his wife's response when he told her he'd won $100k. I also liked the multi page front page. They all deserved to be on the cover...

3. pheasantsgalore

No, this was the Nov./Dec. issue of Trapshooting USA with Richard Kaysa on the front cover. Got mine last saturday,.....still reading it too !! Rob G.

4. indycamster

indycamster Member

Yes, my mistake, I am reading Trap & Field Oct 2010 issue. Not Trapshooting USA.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Real trapshooters read Trap and Field.

Don

6. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<I><blockquote>"Real trapshooters read Trap and Field."</blockquote></i>

That takes 3 minutes if you read slowly.

You need to have something interesting to read when you're done practicing "real".

MK

7. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

We get it BigDon, you don't like Trapshooting USA.

8. brantman

brantman TS Member

yea ill be reading my trapshooting usa before I get my trap and field,havnt got either yet but since t and f is always 3 weeks late ,should be surprised

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Got a free issue of TrapShooting USA(Sep/Oct with WSRC on cover) recently. I must admit, besides the coverage of a wide varity of shoots that T & F provide, the Trapshooting USA magazine blows Trap & Field away. I'm thinking i need both. Sure hope someone doesn't make me choose.---Matt

10. Unknown1

One of the better things about TS USA is that you don't have to subscribe to read all of it.

If you have the required patience and get more than enough stuff in the mail that ends up in the thrash, go to their web site and read the entire previous month's issue on line. You even get to turn the pages.

MK

11. grntitan

MK--I saw that. Thats a pretty neat idea but hard to sit on the pot and read even with my laptop. LOL Did i just say that?---Matt

12. grntitan

Rick--My wife already wants one. I'll let here get one and then take it over. That way i save my purchases for more gun related items. We have a 50/50 spending agreement. She dropped $250 on an antique chair and i got a release from Phillips Gunsmithing. I still get to sit in the chair though and she doesn't shoot. Its a win/win for me. We both have I-Phones now and love 'em. I still like getting the magazines in the mail though. There is just something about getting the new issue of any of my magazines out of the mailbox and reading them 'til the fall apart..literally.---Matt

13. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

TrapShootingUSAMagazine TS Member

The latest issue of TrapShootingUSA has 19 pages of coverage on the Grand but,

that’s not all. Check out the contents page above, 24 articles in all.

John

john@trapshootingusa.com

14. pheasantsgalore

John,
    Keep up the good work. I only wished, that clubs around the country would start submitting shoot dates/upcoming events, and that this info was devoted to a couple of pages in the back somewhere, so that we could use as a directory of upcoming shoots, at least 3 to 4 months in advance, or more. Just a thought.............Rob G. (also include contact info from that club)

15. TrapShootingUSAMagazine

TrapShootingUSAMagazine TS Member

Rob G.,

Thanks for the kind words, most issues include Diary Dates of upcoming larger shoots with the club name and location listed. Maybe we can look at expanding this to include some of your suggestions.

John

john@trapshootingusa.com

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I saw the new issue at a shoot this weekend, and decided that I have to have it. Of course, we wives have our own tricks up our sleeves...I ordered it for Martin as part of his Christmas present. ;-)

17. Unknown1

The event reports are meaningless to me; I don't care who wins what 5 States away because I don't know most of them anyway. I prefer the tech articles and reports. That's why I appreciate the online version. There are only a few things in each month's issue I want to bother with. but what there are is worthwhile to me.

MK

18. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Trapshooting USA has been my favorite magazine.

19. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

John from Trapshooting: You've either got to double my subscription or stop sending it through PA for a first reading. I've still not seen it. The good thing about this months Trap & Field cover was that I at least got to see the young fellow Mark from Minnesota who sent me the fine new gun to play with. :)

20. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

At our club we agree that BIGDON is a pain in the ass. What a negative attitude. We hope he soils himself. Trapshooting USA is a great magazine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.