1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting USA - Curious Omission

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Play Dead, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

Recently received the second issue of Trapshooting USA magazine. I am enjoying the quality of the magazine and the content. There is an article about felt recoil and a number of countermeasures that manufacturers are employing to combat the problem. There are many devices listed, some that are popularly advertised here on this website and some that I did not know.

I realize that everyone's mousetrap could not be reviewed for the article, but I find the omission of the Precision Fit Stock unusual and disappointing, especially since it seems to be one of the most popular devices for reducing recoil and providing excellent gun fit. Just seems as though a device this popular should have been included in the article.

Play Dead

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rest assured that, if Precision Fit Stocks had an advertisement in the magazine, it would be featured. If not, the magazine will definately put more emphasis on those products that do advertise in their magazine. You cannot put out a quality magazine such as theirs and feature a product that is in direct competition with one of their own advertisers and expect that advertiser to just sit quietly by and not respond. It's all about the dollar, bottom line. I would bet that, if Precision does advertise in the magazine (I don't know if they do or not), there will be a phone call to both the editior, and the advertising sales manager, questioning why the oversight. Advertising dollars are very important, especially in this tight economy, to keep a fledgling magazine afloat.... Just my opinion.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It's quite possible they did not respond, or did not respond before the deadline on the request for information....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.