1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting on TV?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

So I'm flipping through channels on the tube last night while I'm in bed and I come across a show called "Cowboys". It's a show about cowboy action shooting which is a sport much younger and what has what I would assume a lot less participants than trap.

Now why isn't there a show about trapshooting or ATA shooting (? Something that showcases the sport and the events. You could have episodes that focus on the larger shoots, some "Pro" tips, etc.)

If there is a show for cowboy shooting how couldn't a show for trapshooting work. The publicity for the sport alone would be worth it. You call it something like "This Week Around the ATA."

It seems like there is a lot more that could be done to promote the sport, but it seems like a large part of the sport is stuck in the past.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You would lessen the sales of sleep aids around the country.

HM

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

See that's where I have to disagree. Look at all the people who watch that antique roadshow show.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Watching trap shooting on tv is beyond boring. It can make you comatose and has all the excitement of watching grass grow. The Antique Road show is much more enjoyable to watch as there's a back story, an explanation of the item and the payoff is the value. No special skill set or knowledge required.

Eric

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Watching trapshooting live is beyond boring.

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's the money that gets rid of the boredom. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.