1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting on TV

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Phil Kiner, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Thanks to the Amarillo Gun Club for the idea. After seeing their section of "I beat Ben" here I contacted our local TV and their Sports person who also happened to be named Ben and from that they have decided to do "Ben there done that". Click on the Ben there done that video at the bottom of the page on the website above. Maybe some other clubs can use this idea to get their sports anchor out to the club. pk

2. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Phil, well done! Best exposure is positive!

Best,
    Dennis

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

great job

bill

4. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I know the video was probably pressed for time, but it would have been nice to have at least heard "safety" mentioned.

Well done, in any case.

Wish our local newsies would do something like this.

5. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Nice Phil. Love the background. I wish we could get our news stations involved in something like that.
    Jerry

6. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

We had Channel 11 from Lubbock come to the Gaines County 4-H Gun Club. The Sports Caster by the name of PETE challenged our kids to a few rounds of skeet. He was pretty good at it, But our kids won and got to say on the News... WE BEAT PETE IN SKEET!!!!!! They all received T-shirts stating that they had won. They wear them with PRIDE !!!! It was good !!!!

7. 5spd

5spd TS Member

Phil,
    I saw it on the 5 or 6 pm news the other day. I almost turned the tv off when they said something about local trap so I left it on. IMO it was a bit too short and could of gone further with more "come out to the local trap & skeet club from the news caster", but at least you got it in front of the viewers eyes.....good job!

8. TX-MX

TX-MX TS Member

Great job Phil.

In the Amarillo market, we have had some good fortune with the local media. Sometimes it's timing, but when pitched correctly, some outlets appreciate the chance to cover something like trapshooting. Local ABC affiliate, for example, just did a neat feature story on a recent state Zone shoot.

My two cents is that you gotta tell em. Just like Phil, take the initiative. Send press releases, let 'em know what's going on and you never know.

Thanks again Phil.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

We need public exposure. More of us should try to do what Phil does on and off the line.

Pat Ireland

10. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Clear Channel here in Harrisburg, PA, aired a piece on the T&F ROY award. Also, Fox channel 43 did a very nice piece on the Mason-Dixon Claybusters. You can see the SCTP piece at the URL above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.