1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting near Durango, Co

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wlc, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

We have been considering a move to Durango. I'm aware of the Cortez and Farmington Clubs. Is there anything closer than these?

Thanks

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

No, none closer. Cortez is a great club and an even better one is in delta but thats a long ways north. Contact "gyrine" by PM, he lives near there in the summer

3. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Hi, We would love to see you at the Cortez Club, we have a few shooters from Durango and a bunch from Mancos. Nice club, nice people, shoot every Sunday starting about noon. ATA shoots about 5 times a year. The Farmington club is very good too, even more active than the Cortez club. Rich Strickland gyrine

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

It is spelled Ouray and yes it is a cool town, dont miss it, especially on a motorcycle. Beautifull riding all around that area, from telluride to Ouray and back to Durango via Rico etc.

5. wlc

wlc Member

Thanks for the club information. We do ride motorcycles and have spent several Labor day weekends at the annual rally when it was held in Ignacio. We will both be retired soon and plan to seriously consider moving to Durango. It would be a move north for us and I will admit to being concerned about the winter weather. I have been to Cortez but have never shot there. We'll try to check it out when we are in Durango next. Thanks again for the information.

6. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Wic

Have done a cost comparison on a cost calculator to see the differences your money will buy when compared to where you are now and Durango?

You can find several on the internet.

I live in the Denver Metro area and housing in Durango is supposed to be 40% more than where I am now.

I canot even get my wife to consider moving there.

If not an issue for you, i bid you welcome if you make the move.

7. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Durango is a beautiful place to live, great restaurants, first class medical facilities and doctors. Property is pricy and it is pretty yuppyfied in comparison to the rest of SW Colorado. There are more reasonable places in the area close enough to enjoy Durango and surrounding when ever you choose. We live in Dolores, a pretty little town of about 900 souls, 50 miles west, 10 miles north of Cortez, elevation 7000 and we love it. We do get out in the Winter. Unless you are an avid skier the winters can be taxing. Rich Strickland, gyrine.
    [​IMG]

8. wlc

wlc Member

We plan to go this weekend and check out property prices. That could be a show stopper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cortez co trapshooting

durango co trap and skeet

places to shoot in durango co

trap club in dorango colorado

trap ranges around durango

trap shooting

trap shooting durango colorado

where to shoot trap in durango co