1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting in Savannah

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by revbook, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revbook

revbook Member

I will be in Savannah to spend Thanksgiving with my children this year and would like to shoot some trap. I will be arriving Monday evening Nov.19th and leaving Monday Nov.26th. Any Southerners who want to invite a Pittsburgher to shoot trap?

2. SC trapshooter

SC trapshooter Member

There's a beautiful facility in Savannah, Forest City Gun Club. Unfortunately, I'm not a member and live in South Carolina, 4 hours away. Billy Griffin is a very friendly trap shooter down there. Maybe you could contact him.

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Phone number for Billy Griffin 912-756-4900

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

You will like Billy G. very friendly. Ross

5. Ducky

Ducky Member

I shot down there this summer on vacation. I called up and talked to the manager and asked if they have reciprical policies with other clubs. I explained that I was a member of a club here in ATL and would like to shoot there. He said come on by!! My sons, father-in-law and myself all shot a couple of rounds. Very nice facility, I recommend you just call them.

Scott
    Roswell Ga

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Forrest City GC is a wonderful gun club to visit. I and a friend used to go to the Georgia State Shoot when it was held there. Lovely clubhouse and grounds. First rate. If it rains, watch the fire ants when the sun comes out. It's the only shooting club I've seen where they have three separate lines of skeet fields. Quite a site.

I think they have many more skeet shooters than trapshooters and the National Skeet Championships have been held there.

Savannah is one of my favorite cities. Tons of history and just beautiful. Be prepared for a lot of humidity....Savannah is at sea level. Back in the day, the late ATA president and Georgia delegate used to put on a "Low Country Boil" Tons of shrimps and crabs. We had a blast.

7. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Forest City is a great Club. Very nice,friendly people!

8. revbook

revbook Member

9. FCGC

FCGC TS Member

Revbook

Email me and we can definitely set you up while you are in town. We shoot on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Wednesday is usually a good day to come shoot if you want to shoot with some other folks. A lot of guys shoot scratch, or scrap (trap from the skeet stands), on Wednesday nights. Just shoot me an email at the above address. Also, you can check out some pics of the club on the website above.

Thanks

Chris
    FCGC

10. Firewater

Firewater Member

I guess this may sound negative, but here goes. About 3 yrs ago my son graduated from Parris Island. I had heard alot about Forest City gun club and we decided to call and find out about hours, cost,etc.I told the lady that ansered the phone that we were at Parris Island (not too far away) and we sure would like to come and shoot some trap. She asked if we were members, and I told her no. She then said if we were not members we could not shoot. I then said that my son was in the Marine Corps and we were here visiting and could we possibly come out and maybe meet some members and get sponsered and maybe shoot.She said no the public is not welcome, you have to be a member.So I said, well thanks alot. Kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. I am sure there are some nice people there, but we never got to find out. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.