1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting in Indiana?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OGC Director, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

My company has decided to relocate me to Roanoke IN. With the way the job picture is right now, I have no choice but to go. Oxford Gun Club has been such a big part of my life for the past 7years that this is really going to hurt. The only thing that can help ease the pain is finding out that there are some great clubs to shoot at in the Roanoke area. I hope?

Rich Lewis, Oxford Gun Club Director

2. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Indiana is a fine state. Offers alot more than trapshooting. Indy has the Colts and Pacers, also a top notch drag racing facility, the Indy 500 is spectacular. As for trapshooting I look forward to the state shoot every year. Lots of clubs who will be blessed to have you. Birdtracker

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Roanoke is a nice little community and there are some real good clubs in northern Indiana and also around Gas City, Marion, Indy etc. Ohio not far away. Lower michigan also. I lived 5 miles north of Roanoke in Sycamore Hills and I miss it. If you like games, you have Albion, Warsaw, Churabusco not very far away. Rochester, St Joe and on and on, too many to list. Llano bill, WayneO are both close by in Ft Wayne and can help you. Just PM them. As for housing - a nearby small town of Huntington would be my choice or up hwy 24 a couple miles north

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

You have Alexandria G.C., Indiana G.C. by Noblesville, Fulton Co. G.C. at Rochester, Columbus G.C. near Elizabethtown In., to name a few, but some even closer at Danville, and I think Brownsburg.

Search the ITA website for more gun club info.

Glad to have you in Indiana!

Danny

5. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Rich,

Please see above web-site for the Alexandria Conservation & Gun Club, Inc. 2010 shoot program. We are a 1 hour drive from Roanoke, IN.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks Danny for mentioning our club.

Tom Neal - President

Michael Stephenson - Secretary / Treasurer

Alexandria Conservation & Gun Club, Inc.

6. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

Rich,

Please see the offical ITA web-site for a listing of all clubs in Indiana.

Michael Stephenson

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I used to shoot Deer Creek also, good club for games

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Rich, there is a great place to shoot just outside Roanoke, Hillside Shooting Sports, they have two trap fields and a seven stand, check out their web-site.

With in 15 miles there is Southwest Conservation Club, 1 trap, 1 skeet. Not much further is Wells County Gun Club. 20 miles from Roanoke is Ideal Fish and Game Club in Churubusco. 30 miles is Albion Conservation Club, lots of games and money, George and Jacque Snellenberger shoot there on occasion.

35 miles away for ATA shoots is the St. Joe Valley Conservation Club, a very big club, the 2008 Central Zone Shoot was there. Another ATA shoot about an hour and twenty min. is Fulton County Gun Club, a great place to shoot. And about the same distance is the Indiana Gun Club, its reputation speaks for itself. PM me for my phone # if you want more info. Wayne

9. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Thanks for the response. I will look forward to visiting some new places to shoot and making new friends. Getting settled on housing and in the new work place will come first, then I plan on finding a new gun club. Should be ready to go in the spring. I have to report to work on Feb 8th.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Good luck Rich...we're gonna miss you!!

Best wishes,

Curt

11. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Rich, the club I belong to is small, South West Conservation, no games or meat shoots. I think they have a winter league at Well County Gun Club, on Tues. or Thurs. night. Meat shoots, and games (for money} would be Albion, and St. Joe. Hillside Shooting in Roanoke, has a good turnout on wed. night in the summer. I'll try to find out more. Wayne

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rich...

You gonna be around on Feb 21 for the 60 Bird Buddy Protection @ WTA??

Tell Jack A. to get ready..

Curt

13. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Wayne, Thanks for the info.

Curt, I have to report to Fort Wayne 06:30 on the 8th of Feb. I have no idea when I will get back this way.

Anyone else who owns guns in Indiana. I have heard some horror stories from people who have relocated to other states. Any issues I should be aware of coming into Indiana from Pa with Ammo and guns? Can I purchase ammo being from out of state? Gun storage laws? Transport of guns and Ammo?

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

No such problems in Indiana. We even recognize your handgun permit!

15. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Just think how much closer to the Grand you'll be.

ss

16. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Rich, 320090T is right, Indiana gun laws are pretty lax. You can buy ammo anywhere, if you can find it. IN. and PA. do honor each others gun permits, but Ohio doesn't honor either state. I sent a link with some state laws. Wayne

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hey Rich. You shouldn't forget going west into Illinois. I know that's probably a dirty word for you but we're a pretty friendly bunch here. The Illinois State Shoot in June is a very good state shoot and we'd be glad to have you.

Indiana's trapshooting history is almost as rich as is Ohio's. You'll feel right at home amongst the Hoosiers. Good luck.

18. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

You are one lucky trap shooter. Clubs that will make you feel at home - and especially don't miss going to Williams County in NE Ohio. Only 30 minutes from Ft Wayne.

They scheduled a 100 bird Calcutta for Saturday, Feb. 13.

The Williams County Conservation League is located in the NW corner of Ohio, 4 miles south of the Ohio Turnpike and 1 mile west of State Rt 15 at the corner of Rd 13 and Rd J.

They post often on this site so you can keep abreast of there plans.

Regards

W&W

19. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

This question has nothing to do with trap shooting but I was wondering how the deer hunting and fishing was there in Indiana? I love bowhunting, muzzleloader hunting, and all kinds of fishing. I used to do a lot of smallgame but have gotten away from it with all the trapshooting.

Rich (heading to Indiana on Monday)

I do a lot of shed antler hunting as well. Are they legal to pick up in Indiana?

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Stueben County has 100 lakes. The Lagrange / Angola area is loaded with water.
    I'm not a resident, so can't help you much with the deer hunting. Indiana is a very pro-hunting state. Use to waterfowl hunt alot in the NE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ata trapshooting association

indiana trap shooting
indiana trapshooters
indiana trapshooting association
middletown gun club
trap shooting clubs in northeast indiana
trap shooting in indiana
trap shooting indiana