1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting History

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by geeber, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geeber

geeber Member

Free Books----Trapshooting History

I found this great site full of old trap and wing shooting publications. Some of them can even be downloaded and saved. I am not sure how to post a link so if it don't work I apologize now.

Gary B

http://books.google.com/books?id=xP0YAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA355&dq=trapshooting&lr=#PPA1,M1

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

This might be easier...

3. geeber

geeber Member

Thanks Recurvy, I like the old advertisements at the end of this book. If you click on the SEARCH BOOKS tab at the top it will take you to other trapshooting books. In fact, you can enter any subject you want and see lots of books. I typed in Cival War and was amazed at the selections. A lot of them were from the early 1900s with lots of photos. The facts are probably more accurate than todays publications because today everything is biased with political correctness.

Gary B

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Gary B., thanks for posting that link!! I read for about two hours and throughly enjoyed that bit of shooting history! I notice the old timers rules were just a tad more strict than our current shooting rules also. Thanks again guy! Hap

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Gary, just for the future, once you saved a copy of the URL you wanted us to go to, all you had to do was paste it to the "Website URL" line above your message before submitting....Thanks for the entertainment.....breakemall.....Bob Dodd

6. geeber

geeber Member

Thanks for the heads up Bob. I don't get on here often but I wanted to share that old information after stumbling upon it. I knew you all would find it entertaining. Good reading on a winter day when it's to cold to shoot. Glad you enjoyed it Hap. I'm trying your suggestion and pasting the main link.

Gary B

7. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

That was great, Thanks. AJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapshooting history