1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DAS, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAS

DAS Member

Article in the Dayton Daily News about the Hall of Fame. Dated August 25th 2010. http://www..htmldaytondailynews.com/dayton-sports/trapshooting-hall-of-fame-to-stay-in-area-for-now-878751

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Did it say there moving to Sparta and when?

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Try this

4. smsnyder

That's nice the state of ILLINOIS is bankrupt. Move it to Cardinal Center. I believe the gentleman offered free property and a building. What a great facility.Did anyone find out why Kenny Ray quite? Anyone know a good reason why they won't move it to Cardinal?

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Rumor has it that the HofF has been offered a defunct auto dealership somewhere in the downtown Sparta area. Staffing by the local Camber of Commerce and the mayor has offered to move the HofF contents for free via his trucking company.

Curt

6. smsnyder

Why would you want to due business with a bankrupt anti -gun state were its 115 degree heat index in the summer.What does it cost us to lease the facility at Sparta?

7. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

My info is Kenny Ray rescinded his resignation. Jimmy Borum

8. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

ANNOUNCEMENT: Storage & Relocation Project

Due to circumstances beyond our control the Trapshooting Hall of Fame & Museum will not be packing up and storing our items. Also our building project is temporarily on hold. It has been decided that the primary goal of the Museum and the Hall of Fame is to honor donors & inductees and to display our contents. Therefore, we will not use the long-term storage plan as previously announced.

WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE MUSEUM AND THE RESEARCH LIBRARY WILL CONTINUE NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS IN VANDALIA.

COME AND SEE US!!!

MONDAY - FRIDAY 9am - 3 pm

This is on the Hall of Fame web site.....

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

A mutual friend of Kenny's and mine told me last week that Kenny and Ray Bradford had a meeting, the result of which was Kenny returning to the HoF.

Ed

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Kenny confirmed his return to the HofF to me at the Cardinal Classic last week.

Curt

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Actually Curt there is a brand new vacant auto dealership (thanks to Chrysler) located in Sparta. But how could I expect you to know that as you don't go there. You just set on your cute little throne in Del. pretending to be a ATA state president with your constant bashing of Sparta and the ATA.

I got a solution, since you have all the answers and dislike the ATA so much, why don't you take your states 200,000+ targets and 85+/- shooters and form your own association. Then you can run it as you please, because you are the know it all president.

I think maybe that Sparta has more chamber members than you have shooters.

Another idea is to get Snyder to move to Del. and you can spend your spare time answering all his dumb questions and threads.

Don

12. smsnyder

Bigdon, I guess my dumb questions get a lot of response from a lot of dumb people. Most of my threads are interesting that is why people respond. Better yet please donate donate a condsiderable amount of money to the Hof to help them.

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The truth is, its a good idea to keep the HOF open instead of storing all the items for nobody to see. WHEN(not if) the new contract extension is signed for the Grand in Sparta the HOF should procede in its move to Sparta where it belongs with the Grand. No hard feelings fellas its just the truth. It deserves to be open for all to see regardless of where it goes. Nobody can enjoy the items stored away in boxes.

Don-- that dealership could be a very nice HOF building. The dang building ain't 10 years old and is very nice iinside. IMHO, its a shame it isn't a little closer to the actual WSRC grounds.----Matt

14. canada

canada Member

It should move to Sparta vs. the Cardinal Center because that is where the Grand is. The biggest and most competitive trapshoot in the world. Granted, Ohio had the locals that shot once a year to bump the attendance, but what makes the "Grand" for me is the fact that every big name shooter is there. I don't care how nice of a facility the Cardinal Center is, or how ridiculously over-hyped this shoot seems to be, and the attention it seems to get. If you don't get a chance to shoot against all the big name shooters that you read about, every one of them, the shoot is not "the Grand".

I would like to get to see the hall of fame. As would a lot of other shooters. I'm not from the Northeastern states, so I will not be going to the Cardinal Center shoot. Given the choice, like a number of other trapshooters, I will go to the Grand, for the aforementioned reasons. That is why the HOF should move to Sparta, and not the Cardinal Center.

Pat Lamont

15. smsnyder

What concerns me is the state is bankrupt. It would be nice to know how much is our lease. How much money did ATA invest in Sparata? What is leased? Who maintains the equipment? Who can use the trap equipment? Who pays for the skeet fields? Are we the only one who has a lease at Sparta? Apparently the situation is not to stable because Hof is afraid to move there.Why won't the Ata move the HOF to Cardinal were they been offered free land and building? This one of the top shooting facilities in the east and growing big time. Perhaps member should vote on it.

16. grntitan

The WSRC is used well over 200+ days a year for shooting events including trap, skeet, sporting clays, cowboy action shoots, pistol competions, rifle competions and archery to name just a few. That is NOT an all eggs in one basket facility. This doesn't even include the non-shooting related venues.---Matt

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would imagine you will see just as many of the big name shooters at the Cardinal Center as you will at the Grand in Sparta, Illinois ... The big name shooters are interested in the payoffs, not the location of where the shoot is ... The Big Dogs don't go to these shoots just so they can say they were there, its payday thats why they are there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. smsnyder

Matt, then why is HOF afraid to move there. Something is going on we don't know about.

19. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

It will be located in Sparta in the near future.

20. grntitan

I wasn't aware they were afraid to move there. The issue right now at hand is funding for a building and/or the move. I don't recall there ever being a fear issue. I wasn't aware the dealership building was considered but that would be an awesome building for the HOF. Its a newer well constructed building on the main highway and next to the Holiday Inn among other common use buisness' used by the shooters when in town.---Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.