1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooting Etiquette rule # 1...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by panthers314, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

so I take it you had a bad day..............

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Thank you for that enlightening post.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hey guys, be easy on the guy...and he's right, we _don't_ need to make the kind of displays that skeet shooters do.

...Full-on-Mouth kisses is, after all, a bit much. A little quiet butt-patting should suffice.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Sounds to me like someone lacks concentration. Jackie B.

5. laura!

laura! Member

Guess you wouldn't be able to handle shooting with my son; he likes to high-5 everyone as he walks from from 5 to 1. ;-)

6. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Etiquette: no sudden moves, shell catcher on your automatic, never close your action until it is your turn - and do so QUIETLY, no sneezing, flatuations, other bodily noises, in short, act like you are visiting a funeral home. Regards, Ed

7. laura!

laura! Member

No, we're in Maryland. He just started shooting a few weeks ago. He was using a 20 guage pump. I put a PFS on my MX3 for him, he took it out for the first time today and shot a 21 with it. I think it took me 5-6 months before I shot a 20 with it. Not sure whether I should be proud of him or bend the barrel!

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Laura, your son can shot with me anytime. Oh, I believe he has. Atleast him and I will "high_five" one another and I hope he doesn't mind a friendly, pat on the back..

9. laura!

laura! Member

Martin, you probably shot with my older son, who limits his celebrating to cute little grins (he'd be gaggin' if he saw this!) My younger son has just recently stepped out on the line and it's great to shoot with someone who literally gives you a thumbs-up when he's ready on post 1.

We'd be happy to shoot with you - I like shooting with people who shoot because it's FUN!

10. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Please: No automatics without shell catchers, please don't start shooting until I am (and other individuals) are ready to go if they have rotated from 5 to one. I also dislike rude targets that don't break when I know I was on them.

11. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

If it isn't fun, why bother doing it?

12. laura!

laura! Member

Good question Quack Shot. Here's another question: how much fun can a person be having if they're telling people to "shut the F up" cause they said "good shooting" or other words of encouragement after each trap?

13. laura!

laura! Member

If that's your version of fun, knock yourself out!

14. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

r44u77 - you seem to forget you started this thread. Now you seem to have become extremely rude but I hope it was meant as a joke. You can always squad alone or look around and find some like minded shooters and squad with them.

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I thought rule number one would be to support the Second Amendment?

16. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

r44u77- is that the "day after" pill I've heard about? If I were an abortion pill, I guess I'd be a sourpuss too.

17. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Laura, you are right then it was your older son. But if the younger one needs a high five after every post thats OK with me.

It truly amazes me the stuff folks get hung up on that bother them. Some seem to need their own cubicles so they are surrounded by four walls and no interference.

18. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

No release triggers-much too dangerous. The grasshoppers are marching in protest and the paint companies stock rises with each new user!!

19. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Not seeing the original post - some type of "high-fiving" from 5-1 from a young man that upset soemone else?!

I take it was practice?... being able to keep or re-acquire focus in less than perfect conditions can only help in developing shooting fundamentals.

Personally, I like to heckle my fellow shooters from my post and then do a happy dance when they miss! (LOL)

Jay

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Rule number 1???

Don't point the muzzle of your gun at me. And no, I really don't give a shit that its unloaded.

High five's are fine and dandy. This game is supposed to be fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.