1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trapshooting curtains

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by harpo, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harpo

harpo TS Member

where can i find information and prices of trap curtains

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Send me your email and I may be able to get you some info. We were at a club in California that had a "curtain" that kept the shot from going very far in front of the traphouse, they were protecting a small river.

3. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

I think the Montpelier, VT Gun Club did a big Curtain to protect a stream two years ago. Quite an interesting process.

4. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Karla, what was the name of that club in California? I came up with an idea for shot curtains many years ago and mentioned it in a column. That generated some mail from a California club that was being shut down after complaints from white-water rafters - shot was falling into a river or stream in a ravine beyond their trap houses.

I mentioned curtains again a few months ago and have several emails asking for more information. I wanted to refer them to that club as well as one here in Pennsylvania that has a curtain but couldn't recall either club's name. I know that Redlands has one but one reader told me they didn't respond to his email or telephone voice message.

Ed

5. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Google Andover Sportsmen's Club. They have curtains. Bob

6. ShotStop

ShotStop Dedicatedto keeping gun clubs open and shooting.

I think we can help. We took over the manufacturing of the specialized fabric after the previous manufacturer, which is a huge textile company, decided that the market segment was too small and they didn't have the gun club expertise to address it. We have developed a much improved fabric which we have just taken delivery on the first production run.

Ipswich Fish and Game Association should have their completed panels by next week. Oakdale, Ca received and tested a sample panel last week and has placed an order and we are producing about 5,000 linear feet of 8 foot wide panels for Redlands as well. There is also a couple of Oregon clubs which we expect to place orders soon.

The material is a specially knitted polyester which goes through a series of chemical treatments. The panels are 8 feet wide and can be cut to lengths between 30 and 60 feet. The edges are sewn with a high strength nylon web with grommets every 12 inches. The panels cost $15.00 per linear foot. We have engineering firms with great expertise in these types of installations that can help a club design an appropriate screen. The screen should be at least 80 yards from the post 3.

While an installation isn't cheap, if it keeps a club open its a bargain and it greatly increases the amount of lead that can be recovered.

Send me a PM with your phone number and a good time to call. You can also click the link to our website.

Jim Tyner

7. harpo

harpo TS Member

thanks for all the help this fourm is the best

8. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Karla, were you at Redlands by chance? They too are installing shot curtains.

9. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Zardozforty The Tiny Stream you referred to is called the Stanislaus River and is a huge rafting river. there are two different rafting company's that rent rafts and guide rafting excursion on this tiny stream all within a few miles of the club. So when we received several complaints that our shot was pelting the rafters, we knew our days were numbered if we didn't contain the shot. you can go to the websites below if you want to experience the wild Stanislaus River in all of it's glory !! LOL
    http://www.raftadventure.com/
    http://riverjourney.com/

10. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

This is the shot curtain at the Billerica Rod and Gun Club in Billerica, MA. My gun club sent me out there back in 2008 to get a complete tour of their facility and the story behind this shot curtain. THis was not the first one and they learned some things about what not to do from their first curtain. Their 100 yard range is actually right behind the curtain running perpendicular to the trap field. Really helped them better utilize their limited space. If you are ever in the area, contact them. Great bunch of guys. I have a power point they gave me showing some photos of the actual installation of the curtain. It is deceiving how big this thing really is from the 16 yard line. If you would like a copy of the photo gallery, drop me a pm with your email. I would be happy to share it with you.

Jeff

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

The first year we went to Oakdale, the club was using recycled conveyer belts to stop the shot. The next year they were replacing that with a commercial curtain. I haven't seen the new curtain. The club is located at the end of a very pretty public park. You couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shot curtain for trap range

trap range curtains

trap shooting fabric