1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trapshooters lost

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by jrb, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrb

jrb Member

We have lost 2 shooters from central Illinois this week.

My Uncle Ralph"Bake" Merriman from Monticello, Il passed away today. He will be sorely missed. The Missouri State Trapshoot this past week was pretty lonely without him...he sure enjoyed going to Linn Creek the 2 times a year for many years.

Thank You to all the shooters that signed his card or were going to sign it Sunday(Leo... I went home early because of back problems) I was going to give him the card on Monday but never got the chance.

He enjoyed shooting for alot of years..from small clubs to registered.....he made alot of friends along the way.

Another Monticello Shooter was lost this week also....Don Deering!

I hope both of you have squaded with Grandpa and are breaking them all in heaven!

J.R. Brock

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Our deepest sympathy...I really do understand the lonesome feeling during MO state shoot last week. Lost my dad in Feb and it wasn't the same without him. He served on the MTA board for many years. It was good to hear stories from all his friends.

3. jrb

jrb Member

I talked to Leo after the handicap shoot off saturday....he was going to sign the card on Sunday. Unfortunately, I had to go home early.

I remember you losing your father.....never easy! He was there...you just may not have known it!

Thanks

J. R. Brock

4. jrb

jrb Member

Ralph Merriman Jr.
    MONTICELLO – Ralph B. "Bake" Merriman Jr., 80, of Monticello passed away at 9 a.m. on Friday, May 22, 2009, at his residence.

Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, May 26, 2009, at the Mackey-Wright Funeral Home with Rev. Allan Oman officiating. Visitation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, May 25, 2009, at the Mackey-Wright Funeral Home. Interment will be in Monticello Township Cemetery.

"Bake" was born on May 17, 1929, in Piatt County, the son of Ralph B. and Florence (Foster) Merriman Sr. He married Mary Pittson on Oct. 15, 1950, in Monticello.

Surviving is his wife, Mary Merriman of Monticello; brother, Dwaine Merriman of Monticello; and sister, Eloise Novak of Monticello.

He was preceded in death by his parents, two sisters, Verna Merriman and Frances Brock, and one brother, Robert.

"Bake" was the manager of Poling Chevrolet body shop and retired from Monticello Township. He was a member of the ATA (Amateur Trapshooters Association) and the Piatt County Sportsmen's Club.

Memorials may be made to the ATA, Carle Hospice, or the Piatt County American Cancer Society.

Condolences may be sent to the family at www.mackey-wrightfuneralhome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.