1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trapshooter participation survey

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

looking at all the trapshooters who come to a club regularly-- what % are recreational shooters-- league shooters-- and or participate in ata registered shoots, whether it is at your club or they must travel to get to a registered shoot ?

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

rec and league; 2 registered shoots/year

MK

3. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I shoot leagues year-round at two clubs, and around 7,000 registered targets a year at as many clubs as we can travel to instate. With a full time job, coaching and three teenagers still at home travel is limited even though they all shoot too.

Calamity

4. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Registered only! I shoot every target thrown at the cardinal center in Ohio, I will also hit Jaqua's, the airport, mid state, (all in Ohio) plus I will hit at least one out of state shoot. Last year I went to the Indiana State shoot, this year I plan on Michigan. I will shoot around 8,000-9,000 targets

5. Rusty Razor

Rusty Razor Member

shoot ATA, 8000 targets last year Colo.17 Clubs, Az 3 clubs, NM 1 club,UT 1 club, Va. 2 clubs. Wyoming this year due to work hopefully around 5 clubs.

League at home in winter Cortez Trap. Lot of travel due to work, great sport for my work (construction) can always find a trap club away from home. Jim Henry

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Used to shoot 2 to 3 state shoots/ year and registered at least 2x/mo. Always shot the Grand at Vandalia. Now just recreational - no registered in past 2 years.

7. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

there are four of us that shoot ATA targets ,,about 60 of the folks just shoot recreationally,,many young couples ,it is encouraging to see ,MX8Dave

8. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I just got back into trap again last year. I shoot rec (practice) at my local on Wednesday mornings. But I have re-joined ATA and will start picking up registered bird when I can. My job calls for me to work all weekends from March through the end of October which limits my access to registered shoots. Jack Farrow

9. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

All of the above,

John C. Saubak

10. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I shot 12,000-18,000 registered targets for several years but last 2 years have shot only 600- 1200. I still shoot the 50 target derby and Silver Hair league every year and approximately 12,000 recreational targets per year. JRM

11. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

the point of my question is-- how many(%) people shoot trap at some type of level but DONT shoot ata registered?---those that shoot regularly in leagues-games and maybe just for fun--are they the lions share percentages of who shows up at a trap range weekly or annually, from small to big trapranges ?

12. Rusty Razor

Rusty Razor Member

We have about 80 members in our club- 15 members shoot ATA. 25 members are fiarly steady 3 to 4 times a month. 25 3 to 4 times a year A hand full of members I have never met. Jim Henry

13. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"...those that shoot regularly in leagues-games and maybe just for fun--are they the lions share percentages of who shows up at a trap range weekly or annually, from small to big trapranges ?"</i></blockquote>Hard to say what percentage of US trap shooters are recreational because the only reliable numbers are those that shoot registered. No way to accurately count the rest.

MK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.