1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TrapShooter from MD

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tafable, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tafable

tafable TS Member

I just joined this Forum.
    I have a 12 gauge O/U Browning Citori. I am a novice trap-shooter. I am looking
    forward to the sharing of information like places to shoot, best places for
    kids or youths to learn shooting, etc...
    I live in Montgomery County MD and frequent vacation in Orlando FL and TN.

Talby Afable - Clarksburg MD

2. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Carroll County Gun Club in Eldersburg is a great club and nearest to you. Hours are a bit restrictive for the public. http://www.carrollgun.com/

The best clays club locator is listed above. I travel 8+ times a year, and i always use it to check out the local trap/skeet/sporting clubs where I am going. Been to about 8 clubs in different states from Jackson Wy, Tampa FL, Long Beach CA to Corpus Christi Tx.

The IWL's in Damascus and Poolesville have kid programs if you join. PG Trap & Skeet near Goddard Space Flight Center in Grenbelt MD has a youth program where they provide rentals, ammo and safety gear for 10 consecutive weekends. http://www.pgtonline.org/id19.html

Have fun...

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Talby,

Welcome! I belong to Carroll County Gun Club near Westminster. Winchester Gun Club is hosting a two day ATA shoot this weekend. Check out the VA Trap Assocciation web page for the details.

Th Heart of Maryland League is in full swing check out that site also.

Come join us this weekend in Winchester, VA near Charles Town WVA and we'll introduce you to the bunch.

Send me an email at my adddr above and I'll share my phone number and get you hooked up.

We have a great bunch of shooters here. We welcome you.

Also send laura! a PM, she has two sons who shoot with us and can help with hooking you up.

Guy Babin

Westminster

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Talby, that youth program at PG Trap and Skeet (Greenbelt) is free for the kids (gun rental, shells, targets, instruction, all at no cost). Call Mark Biggens to learn more. He runs the club. The good thing about PG is that it is open every single day.

Also, take advantage of the other clubs mentioned above. They are very nice clubs with great members. I miss being in an area where I could shoot trap every single day whenever I wanted.

5. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Southern Maryland Trap League shoots most if not all of its shoots at PG Trap and Skeet.

6. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Howdy Talby,
    You haven't seen them in person yet,but you have been greeted by a whole bunch of really good people.............I can vouch for a bunch of them...........Great shooters as well!We have a whole bunch of shooting opportunities in the area.Tuscarora is my home club,and is also the closest to Clarksburg.We shoot on Wed evenings from about 5 PM to about 10 PM,and on Saturday from 10AM to 2PM.Please join us for the fun,and fellowship.People will be glad to help you,and your kids get squared away,and help with any shooting related issues that arise.Bring your guns,and ammo,and come have fun.I'll be looking forward to meeting you,and your family.
    Smoke em all

D.P.Reynolds

7. tafable

tafable TS Member

Wow! Thanks for all the info.
    I did not know there were so many places around here - especially close ones.
    The only one I go to is the PG Trap & Skeet. Now I have a few to checkout
    websites.

Talby Afable - Clarksburg MD

8. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

The Rockville Chapter IWLA in Germantown has a single trap setup. They shoot Thursday evenings and are very close to Clarksburg. The Damascus IWLA has a large setup and is probably 15 minutes from you.

9. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I am located in Orlando fl, retired and also shoot trap with a Browning XT, I shoot at several clubs in the central Fl area and am a member of two of them. Next time you come this way e-mail me and maybe we can get together and shoot a few.
    Woody Sullivan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.