1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshooter "don't's" around the house

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Trapshooter "don

otnot's post brings this to light.

Things you shouldn't do around the house, in reguards to shooting/reloading, if you are married.

1) Don't try to dry wet hulls in the dryer. The brass/steel heads will knock the enamel right off. Try to explain this.

2) Never use the good vacuum in the reloading room. It's hard on the impellar and trying to put out a vacuum bag after picking up a live primer is never good. Again, try to explain this one.

3) Don't come in late one evening wearing a "toe tag/barrel rest" after telling her you had to work late. This one is really paramount if she made plans for the both of you that night.

4) When your shooting buddies come over to visit, stay in the gunroom or garage. The last thing she wants to listen to is a bunch of guys talking about guns.

5) This one goes along with #4. Never talk about all the different guns you have or what you paid for them around the house. The less she knows, the better off you'll be. Just make sure your lawyer knows incase of an untimely demise.

6) Don't ask the Mrs's to iron your shooting shirts or pants, while she's doing the laundry. This one is usually followed by "iron your own d@*n clothes" and a abrupt throwing of the iron.

7) Never critisize the little lady if she's doing something to help you out because you want to go shooting. You'll generally come home to a pillow and blanket on the couch and the bedroom door locked.

I know I'm missing a lot of other "Golden Rules", so please enlighten us.

ss

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Trapshooter

NEVER set up your new shotmaker on the new dining room table "Just to see if it works"

NEVER use her brand new baking pan as a mess catcher under your MEC loader.

NEVER grab the first thing you can out of the laundry basket to do a quick wipedown of your loader.

--- Chip King ---

3. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Trapshooter

I only hope that when I am dead and gone my wife don't sale my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

4. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Trapshooter

It's your buddies that want your wife to believe your guns are only worth 100.00.
    Good chance she will be a widow someday and when she is she'll be popular with your friends,..... until your guns are gone.

5. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Trapshooter

Oh my god this is so funny. Absolute true story. My neighbor in 1975 bought his wife a brand new white couch. Only company was allowed to sit on it. So he is loading in side room for a big 100 bird shoot. He only had 100 of his favorite wads. He deprimes 100 shells, then sizes and installs new primers. Now to the interesting part. He starts with the powder drop and setting wads. After the 5th one he checks the powder drop and its almost "double". Holy crap, he thinks the shell before it didn't get any powder. So of course he is shaking it and trying to figure out how to get the wad out without damaging it. So it dawns on him that he has extra primers so he will just shoot it out. The 1st big mistake was he did it inside. The 2nd mistake was he pointed it at the new white couch. Unfortunately it had a double charge in it to, and blew a hole clear thru the couch. He is laughing telling me this and his wife is still pissed!!!!! Birdtracker

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Trapshooter

never tell your honey to "Come take a look at the beautiful engraving on my new shootin iron."

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Trapshooter

Survival tip:

Leave with an empty hard case. Come back with something in it.

HM

8. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Trapshooter

DO keep your gun safe in the garage so new purchases can go straight from car to safe!

9. otnot

otnot Active Member

Trapshooter

My wife is still looking for her favorite cookie sheet. I swear to god it was the only one I could find when it was time to set up my loader.

My ex-wife never forgave me for grinding up salmon eggs in her blender for ice fishing chum.

10. Josephdog

Josephdog TS Member

Trapshooter

Or better yet have a wife like mine who shoots trap as much or more than I do, has a better average than I do, has won more than I, plans our shooting trips, and very much enjoyed receiving a K80 trap combo for our 25th anniversary (Prado who?). And by the way, was very impressed with the Shooting Stars print with her image drawn in by Puablo.

I am a lucky man, and she never lets me forget it.

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Trapshooter

So true. learned the hard way.

Bought the Perazzi, let her know, it was a wing dinger!

Now she show's friends, the Krieghoff (diamond) on her finger...

Paybacks are a bitch...

12. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Trapshooter

Don't tell her you will skip what she cooked for supper because you love the food at the club.
    Doug Allison

13. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Trapshooter

I am with JoeP my other half shoots as well and Pa State Shoot is on HER birthday and she says she'd rather be in Eleysburg with her friends shooting! And new guns lol" She asks are you going to be broke?"and "oh Thats a pretty one". She picked up a Citori from her dads friend (just like her old one) says its too heavy she wants a BT99, so well I told her to sell her Citori she said "NO WAY I MIGHT WANT TO SHOOT DOUBLES!"

But back on topic NEVER EVER shoot all the loaded shells before asking"Honey are you going to shoot with me today?"
    AND NEVER say "Ha ha I beat you, YOU clean the guns tonight!"
    AND OMG! I read the thread to her and she said SHE put wet hulls in a pillow case THEN used the dryer.ROTFLMAO
    Jerry

14. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Trapshooter

Remember, if you have youngsters (my case two boys) growing up in the household, they should be taught the fine art of female gun value deception at the same time they are learning gun safety. Both learned skills will become a very valuable asset to them in their coming years! One skill will keep them safe, the other will keep them out of the dog house, couch, guest room, garage, shed, chicken house,.......... in their older years.

Just kidding. I have been attempting for years to try and convince my wife that yes, I need all these guns!!!

15. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Trapshooter

I love you HONEY !!!!

16. pilotdan

pilotdan Member

Trapshooter

And Never hide your guns in furniture in the house. A buddy had a trap gun and a deer rifle hidden in the mattress of the hideaway bed in the den. His wife bought a new couch and when they delivered it, she had the old hideaway hauled off by the furniture company. By the time he got home from work, the furniture company had dropped the old couch off at the local Goodwill store and the guns were missing. Worst part was, he couldn't say sh...t. True story.

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

Trapshooter

You always take multiple gun cases to the range. Never walk out the door with less than 3. Why? Well, you need a singles gun, a doubles gun, and a backup gun. Even if you're only going to shoot one of them, the other 2 go along for a ride, too.

Now...the assumption would be...they're all full when they go out...

18. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

Trapshooter

Try and get your trap gun lined up in the bathroom to look down the barrel in the mirror on the back of the door,and have your honey open the bathroom door and see you!!!!

19. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Trapshooter

I know this is all in fun????....But if I had to hide my guns, I'd get my priority's rearranged. I cannot believe I could live like that. If I want a new k80, and can afford it, I buy it, no need to hide what you can afford.

I know this is just a funny......but I personally know guys that do have to hide their guns, from their wives.....usually it just 1 of their character flaws.

20. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Trapshooter

Nuthin but the truth spoken here on this forum. HEHEHEHE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.