1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshoot as fundraiser

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jlesley, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlesley

jlesley TS Member

I need some advice. In October I am walking 3 days and 60 miles for breast cancer. I need/want to raise quite a bit of money. Have any of you been involved with or planned a trapshoot as a fundraiser? I would love some input.... thanks... Jill

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

A small club I shoot at has an annual fund raiser for the local Hospital Hospice.
    With a little work and connections they get free targets and shells donated. They also go out an find contributions for silent auction items and buy a shotgun for the raffle. Local gun shop brings out a number of shotguns that can be used for new shooters, shooting instruction is offered for free, food and drink is available. If I remember correctly they raise 5 or 6 thousand dollars each year.
    This has been going on for about 8 years now.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Do a 100 bird event. Recruit shooters to solicit sponsorships/bird or a flat dollar contribution. If a shooter were to be sponsored for $10/bird and they hit 86 birds... $860 for that shooter alone... get 2-3 squads of shooters and estimate $8-12K for those 200-300 birds.

Get local business to donate items for the shooters participating, sell some food and a few hundred raffle tickets and I'd imagine that should get you on your way...

regards to all,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.