1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapshhoting accident injures 4 in Warren PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pyrdek, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

The following report was from the on-line edition of the Erie (PA) Times News
    Link Here

4 hurt in Warren County trapshooting accident
    Staff report, Erie Times-News

WARREN -- Four males received minor injuries Tuesday evening when a gun accidentally discharged during a trapshooting event in Warren County.

State police at Warren said the incident happened at 6:45 p.m. at the Kalbfus Club in Mead Township.

Police said a gun accidentally discharged into the ground, causing ground debris and pellets to hit the four victims. All of the victims were taken to Warren General Hospital, police said.

I am not sure that this is an actual trap shoot or just the newspaper's description of something that happened at the club but was not actual trap shooting as we define it here. It could have been anything involving a shotgun the way the Erie newspaper plays fast and loose with the actual facts and names of activities. If more info becomes available I will post it. I am not familiar with that club but I checked and it is not listed on the ATA's roster of Pennsylvania clubs.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Guess that snap cap, wasn't.

3. trapshooter6

trapshooter6 Member

It is a local trap club - they don't hold ATA shoots.

4. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

This another thread started on this same incident a bit after this initial posting. At that time the article was featured on the home page of the newspaper's web edition. As of a few minutes ago, it is no longer listed on the home page.or on the other pages concerning local news. The direct link however does still reference the story.

In the past this newspaper has taken a number of stands regarding guns. They are almost universally on the anti-gun side of the argument. They have desired editorially "one gun a month", " micro-engraving", handgun registration, and a number of other such anti-gun positions. My feeling is that they saw another chance to slam gun owners by showing "how reckless" some gun owners are (not knowing the exact circumstances of this incident, it may or may not be truly recklessness) but when the facts came out, the article was pulled from general viewing because it was not "bloody enough" to serve their purposes.

I do know that earlier I checked the Warren news sources and near-by Jamestown, NY sources and neither even had a mention of this incident.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

warren co pa trap shooting

warren county trap league