1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapgun recoil pads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grnhd, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnhd

grnhd TS Member

I am returning to the trapshooting game after a 20 year absence. My trapguns ( Win. Super X-1, Win. Model 12, and K32 ) all have the Pachmayr concave ribbed-surface " White Line " pads. Due to cervical spine surgery I am somewhat more recoil sensitive than in the past but do not wish at this time to invest in one of the expensive recoil absorbing stocks. Instead I am considering changing to one of the new " wonder pads " that are described as being very effective in absorbing recoil.I have seen ads for a number of brands ( and have heard a few opinions on two or three ) but was wondering what a larger audience of shooters would recommend ( I will probably be shooting 2000 targets a year ). Thanks in advance for any help received. Charles Sullivan.

2. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

I just had a Limbsaver pad installed on my .336 cal rifle & it reduced the recoil significantly. I'm sure it will work just as well on Trap guns.

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Save yourself pain, money, flinching, and possible serious injury...invest in a PFS...if you don't like it, you can absolutely resell it.

JON

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

Kickeez makes wonderful pads and I have them on all of my guns. Available through Brownells.

Steve

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Kickeez/HiViz xcoil/limbsaver/ are all good Pachmeyer has a new pad for trap it works well on recoil and has the familiar curve it's just hard to grind.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have been very satisfied with both Gooey Pads and Kick-Eez pads. I think they are best when applied to a Precision Fit Stock.

Pat Ireland

7. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Remington has a new pad. Check remington.com.

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I have found the Pachmayr XLT pads to be the most comfortable Trap pad available. $26 from CheaperThanDirt.com

9. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

recoil pads are not very effective alone, weight ia the answer to reducing recoil. i have found the best way to stop recoil while shooting the pattern board from a bench rest is a 25 pound bag of shot between my shoulder and the gun (if you don't believe it just try it)

10. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gooey pad and a Dead Mule!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.