1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapfield layout dimensions - LaPorte Traps

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ponderosa_boy, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ponderosa_boy

ponderosa_boy TS Member

I need a field layout drawing using LaPorte 185 trap. Drawings I have so far conflict. Am I correct in assuming t hat the 16 yard measurement is to be measured from where target is setting on arm with machine cocked ?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

No. The 16 yard measurement is 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 feet back from the front of the house. That is, once you find 16 yards, go forward one of those distances (try 1 1/2 feet) and put the front of the house there. Then put the trap in the house about as far forward as you can, offset to the left from the centerline of the house by about a foot.

How high should the trap be? About like the pad on 3 when the bird is ready to throw, but if there are existing traps at the same club, make the new one like them in this dimension or better, all of them.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

laporte ot layout