1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TrapDude Gooey Recoil Pad installation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by saintlawrence, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saintlawrence

saintlawrence Member

I need recommendations of gunsmiths to install the TrapDude Gooey recoil pads. I am told they require some expertise beyond normal installation procedures because of their 'gel' content and 'softness'. I am located in the Midwest.
    Thank you.

2. Robb

Robb Member

Rods Custom Stocks. Shelby Ohio.

3. 700X-user

700X-user Member

If you are going to attempt to grind the pad yourself and you have never ground any pad before. Don't do it! If you have experience grinding pads take it slow, and freeze the pad first. WD40 helps lubricate the pad for grinding also. Heat buildup is your worst enemy.

Ed

4. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

I installed 20 pads last week in 102 degrees with only water to cool the pad. Any chemical could damage the material. A high speed grinder with silica carbide paper, 80 to start and 120 to finish will work fine.

Mike

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

They just require more time and patience. As Mike said, just a cool bucket of water is all you really need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gooey pad installation

gooey recoil pads

gooey redoil pad

trap dude gooey combs and pads

trapdude gooey combs