1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trapdude Gooey Comb

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mikezookie, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

Send me your address and I will ship one for you to try. They will interchange with all factory combs. If you like it just pay the enclosed invoice. If not, send it back.

Mike

2. ouch

ouch Member

Mike I have dumb question, How does the hardware atach to the soft comb.

I was ask once to cut a stock to mate up with a Gooey comb, But could never see a good way to connect the hardware. Thanks,Richard

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Richard- Prior to my devotion to Precision Fit Stocks, I made several soft combs for my personal use. The soft material is glued onto a wood base that forms the bottom of the comb. The hardware is attached to the wood base. I attached two metal rods to the comb and all adjustment screws were in the main part of the stock.

Mike- Is it possible to make a gooey comb that will slide across the cheek rather than grabbing the cheek?

Pat Ireland

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I used one on my Trap Special for a couple weeks till my stock was reset. Worked great. Excellent fit. I ordered one for my Kolar just 2 weeks ago. Did not fit at all. Too long and too thin. They can't duplicate every stock but do a good job on the Krieghoff. Very comfortable to shoot. If they feel too sticky, clean with alcohol and put some powder on your face. If you are a skeet shooter, you will feel right at home with the powder on your face. Hope this helps, Roy

5. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

ouch, From your question I assume you are talking about a Perazzi. You remove the four screws and install your hardware in the recess in the comb.

All other combs have holes for the posts and are held in with set screws.

Pat, Are you saying you cut the soft material from the base so you could glue on a piece of wood? As for the second question I have to ask if you are shooting magnum duck loads that make the comb move more than 1/2 inch?

If you need powder the shaving stick works best.

roy, We make two combs for the Kolar because they changed suppliers that used a different shape comb. You got the wrong one. See one of our dealers at a major shoot for the correct one.

Mike

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hey Zookie. When are they going to make the base out of something that will hold threads and not break at the set screw holes?

What ever you do, when you mount them, use something to support the entire length so they wont break the bases. I like mine on my Stock Locks but if you don't make this support platform or something like it they break at the set screw holes very easily. One smithy improved mine by screwing the wood platforms to the bases around the holes that go over the adjustable pins and made the set screw holes larger for more substantial threads and set screws.

Pat. Ive seen others apply that clear packing tape as a "finish" over them. I've seen them mounted to a piece of 'L' channel aluminum and adapted to your PFS. I don't think you'll have a problem with it sticking to your face since the rearward movement of the gun is isolated.

7. mikezookie

mikezookie Member

Berry, I've used the same comb with a 1/2 inch space off the stock for four years and 100,000 targets and never broke a base. But if you want to make sure the base will support the set screws just use a brass insert and thread through the plastic and brass. Problem solved.

Mike

8. okiefarmer

okiefarmer Member

What is the cost of these units?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
goeey shotgun combs

gooey comb

gooey pad comb
gooey pad cost
gooey shotgun comb