1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap vs Golf

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by perga1, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I was thinking today that golf should be more like trap. I have played a few rounds of golf and never broke Par. The games are kind of similar in that they both require reasonable eye/hand coordination and a little stamina (golf a little more but not much when you ride the course). There have been great advances in equipment in both games, clubs/guns-balls/shells. So I think they should make all golf courses conform to straight holes between 150-170 yards and 2 foot diameter cups. Then I may have a chance to go head to head with the big boys. I wonder if golf would grow by leaps and bounds if they nade it much easier. Yes, I guess you could call this fishing but I am not. JRM

2. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Golf would be alot of fun if you didn`t have to put up with the people who play it.

Tom R.

3. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

I think we should combine the sports. One guy tries to get the ball in the hole, and the other guy shoots it out of the air before it gets there.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Gross man I have thought of that many times, It would be a challenge.

5. Gross Man

Gross Man Member

We could line the fairway with the skeet shooters for the crossing shots, the sporting clays shooters could be on the hole for the incommers, and the the trap shooters could be behind the tee for the going away shots. The live bird shooters could hit the ball and then pick up their gun to shoot.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I still never saw the analogy of calling clay shooting sports "golf with a shotgun" - someone's got to help me with that one?!

I was bogey golfer for a lot of years, but then saw the light...

Jay Spitz

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The closer parallel is Golf and Sporting Clays. When is the last time you saw a perfect score on a Sporting Clays course?

ec90t

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

"Why would you want to hit a ball that far and then cahse after it?" My daughter the trap shooter. Fred

9. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Trap is for men and golf is for wimps.

10. chessney

chessney TS Member

Bawa balls You sound like you have little mans complex...You can't play the game so everyone that does are wimps? My guess is that you can't shoot too well either! Ziggy

11. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I feel much more comfortable with my hands wraped around a Ljutic than a Big Bertha.

12. dverna

dverna Active Member

Golf
    A walk in 100 acres of beautiful countryside spoiled by a little white ball.

Don

13. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Both are four letter words. Jeff

14. duffybear69

duffybear69 TS Member

Most of the time need to drink alot to enjoy a day of golfing. Just need to shoot to enjoy a day of shooting.

15. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Spitter,

In Sporting Clays you go to different stations that offer you different types of target presentations. Not unlike the different challenges each hole in golf presents. Be it where you are riding a golf cart or walking carrying your bag of ammo and gun. When you get to a sporting clays station, you need to decide what choke and ammo to use. Not unlike choosing what club to use in golf.

Jason

16. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

cost about the same.

17. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Gave up golf...emotionally, I could only stand about 18 holes of golf every month or so. With my retired buddies we spent 6 hours playing with 2+ hours of that looking for lost balls. Best Regards, Ed

18. Jeff BT-99

Jeff BT-99 Member

I would guess most of the people here complaining and making fun of golf have tried it with little success. So it's easier to run it down then take the time to get better. And yes there are those who just don't like it.

19. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I used to shoot on a four course rotation at Cog Hill in Lemont, IL - but I never "loved" the game - however, the guys I shot with were really passionate about it - to me it was game, I shot it as well as I wanted to.

In some respects, its the same way with shotgun shooting sports. I enjoy it, but don't love it - I shoot recreationally with a core group of buddies, some who are more passionate about it than others.

I do prefer the fact I don't have to commit 5 hours to an outing and the outlay for a day is substantially less - although over the years, equipment outlay has well outspent a couple sets of clubs.

Waverider - thanks for the analogy, now I get it!

Jay Spitz

20. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

Handi Cap, my comments weren't meant to run down the game of golf; it just wasn't for me. Sure, I had fun, but not as much as shotgun sports. On the flip side, my buddies who play golf aren't interested at all in shotgun sports. Guess the same can be said for bowling, tennis, bicycling,...aww, you get the idea. Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.