1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap videos any off them helpfull

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by alfermann66, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

I'm with likes-to-shoot. However, that's the only one I've seen. I picked up some pointers from Kiner's tape each time I watched it...and they all helped some.

Buz

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

No, don't waste your money, take a lesson.

3. laura!

laura! Member

I think Kiner's video is a worthwhile investment. A friend lent it to my husband and I, we thought it was so useful we bought our own copy. I doubt it can replace a good lesson, but if you can't get to, or, afford, a clinic, it's a good alternative. And unlike a lesson, you can watch it again and again.

I am very interested in hearing more opinions on Harlan's DVDs.

Laura

4. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

I agree with the above -- Kiner's video is very good -- I am a bit of an experienced shooter (ATA 82-04800 for those who care to look it up) and was just not improving and/or staying consistent with scores. The video immediately helped on both all disciplines. In Doubles, I finally ran another 100 after about 5-6 years since my last one. I was able to secure a trophy in the Kreighoff 100 at the Grand that I think was due to Kiner's video. And my singles, which I was wildly inconsistent on (the 200 singles before the Kreighoff I shot a 189), I went back and re-watched the video from the start and picked up a few more tips... brought my pre-winter scores in singles to a 97.88 with the lowest score a 97. We will see how it turns out come March...

I agree with the lesson part -- I would find a Kiner / Leo / Harlan lesson near you and sign up. Probably the best $300 you have spent. I was lucky enough to take lessons from Frank Little before he passed away and undoubtedly he was the reason why I made the sub jr and jr AA teams. The Little tapes are very good, but rather expensive...

John

5. Blakester

Blakester TS Member

I think videoing yourself and watching it and see for yourself what you are doing will help anyone as much as anything, It worked for me and my Son
    Ricky

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Maybe your EYES are going south on you? Key word "used to shoot". Did you take time off? Have you been gradually getting worse or something that has just crept in? I 2 generally shoot well with any gun not great but Well. My big problem is consistency....Im on track to win the winter league. Useing A weekly 2 highest score average. If I had to use all scores for the week The 2nd place guy would be beating my ass. I have more 25s than him but his amount of 49s is up there. If there is a clinic In mass I may try??? $$$budget may not allow?

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I agree with everything that jevoliva posted, with those 3 clinicians being great, too.

A lesson with Dave Shaeffer, Jr. is also great.

Although Phil's video is my favorite, these others have also helped: Shoot Where You Look, anything from Harlan Campbell, Remington video with D. Lee Braun, and that video with all the eye excersizes on it (forgot the name, and I am not home right now).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.