1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trap thrower

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by garage tech, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garage tech

garage tech Member

Any information pro or con on a remmington 4100 thrower. Like to have a thrower at home. Thanks.

2. traploader

traploader Member

4100 are solid machines. Parts are still available. Also Western traps are good workhorses. I have quite a few if interested.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I use to work on them years ago. If you can power the trap up and fire it a few times, listen close and watch for any type of chatter coming from the center of the machine. If it chatters, the clutch may be going out.

4. garage tech

garage tech Member

Thanks i see one for sale about a grand guess i should take a look at it.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Had them for years before we changed to Pats... they are mechanical machines, with clutches and micro switches... if you get one, I've got a manual in excellent condition...

Jay

6. garage tech

garage tech Member

What do you think about the price. Its to be used at home.

7. Neal Crausbay

Neal Crausbay Member

Sent you a PM but will copy it here as well.

Where are you located? The local gun club has a 4100 that was working when removed from the traphouse a couple of years ago and will sell it for $750 complete with pull cord. This is located in Sweetwater, TX

8. garage tech

garage tech Member

Neil i didnt recieve a pm but i live in north west Ohio the thrower i seen for sale is not far away. Thank you for the offer.

9. William681

William681 Member

gt

Have two of these. One from Bucks County Fish & Game, donated to the 4H program my brother and I ran when I was still living in PA. (BCF&G installed Pat Traps)

If you are nearby go shoot there, I assure you Jim will make you welcome.
    Ask him to set up the wobble at 55mph. Will make ATA targets look like a hand tossed 20gal trash can lid. :)

The other is a 1984 vintage machine purchased on e-bay for $99.00, it was not functioning at the time.

I bought it for parts.

After cleaning it up and pluging it in, I took notice the drive chain was running in the wrong direction. Rewired the motor and she runs like a charm.

I now have it mounted on a trailer, with a 1500 watt generator.

I take it to a local gun range, (Ye Olde Gun Club, Southport, NC) where I have set up a makeshift trap field. The second Sat. of every month I run a trapshoot. Targets are set to ATA standards. Level the trailer, center trap, set launch platform to 18.5 degrees, drop targets on 50 yard stake, good to go.
    First shoot, 6 shooters, second 15, last shoot I had 18, no advertising just word of mouth.

In reference to other threads I charge $5.00 per round, $1.00 per round is kicked back to range owner, rest goes to targets and trap maintence.

I will not be one of Obummer's targeted 1%.

Who knows, in a year I may garner enough interest to build a real traphouse, then maybe ATA approval to run registered targets. No doubles but certainly 16's and handicap.

It is a sturdy dependable target thrower.

Parts and advice are available from Quality Replacement Parts.
    www.quality replacementparts.com

You will also find there a .pdf file of the operators manual.
    I downloaded it to a stick drive so I always have it available.

Just remember if you do purchase the 4100, be sure to "safe release" before doing any adjustments or repairs.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Bill Boston

10. garage tech

garage tech Member

Thanks Bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pat trap how to drop target after safe release

trap thrower forum