1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap thrower release

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SelectEnergyJim, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SelectEnergyJim

SelectEnergyJim TS Member

Does anyone know of a way to make something that will activate a standard trap release switch that will allow you to stand in the proper position when the target is released? My friend has a trap house in his back yard and there are times when I would like to go practice alone. I know about the voice activated systems but I am looking for something that is less costly.
    Thank you,
    Jim

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Go to W.W. Grainger and get a foot switch. I had one at our club for a while till the CVR's came.

HM

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I rigged one to a push button that I triggered with my hand on the forend. Worked just fine for solo practice. Ah..then came the voice system!

Big Jack

4. traploader

traploader Member

We use the Clay Delay system on our Winchester-Western trap machines. Works great. Fits to your existing pull cord. I use twist lock connectors on the pull cord so that I can swap between the X400 push button or the clay delay system. The basic autopuller works well for trap for $89 but I have the deluxe with voice delay and continuous rearm features which sells for a little more. Comes with a manual push button as well. Ian

5. SelectEnergyJim

SelectEnergyJim TS Member

Thanks for all the help. The clay delay looks like the way to go.
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

to test pull cord switches on voice activated trap systems