1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? Trap Stock/Sporting Clays Stock??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sglfr45, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I am having a Perazzi MX8 rebuilt for trap doubles. It is an Ithaca import. My question is will my trap stock work for shooting sporting clays also? Do I need to invest in a Sporting stock? How does a PFS stock work for both. I am totally new to Sporting Clays, so I don't know anything. Need help please, Matt

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    As long as it fits and the POI is acceptable to you for sporting clays, then give it a whirl. I like a monte carlo stock so much on my trap gun that I've put them on my sportings clays and field guns too.

3. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Usually the POI's are different. Trap POI will be set at 70/30 or better. Where as Sporting Clays, which imitate field conditions, are flatter more towards 64/40 or 50/50(flat), lowers combs and lower rib shooters. Of course now a days you see everyone shooting everyting. Shoot your Perazzi and see how it works for you. Dave T.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

just try it, I have actually been useing my wifes browng gold with a Wenig "trap" stock on it. It shoots higher than the oem stock. Its a short stock 13" or so. I seem to shoot sporting with a low gun better than my trap gun or my 870 field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.