1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Special Rib height

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by krieghoffkrusher, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Can anyone out there measure the rib height of their Krieghoff Trap Special. I'm not sure what the proper weigh to measure it is but I would take a measurement from the muzzle with the rib in it's heighest position.

I could use the same measurement on the new Guerini also.

Thanks for your help.

2. krieghoffkrusher

Goose,
    Thanks for the info but I don't think the drop at comb is what I need. Because the stock is also higher on the ultra-high rib guns like the Trap Special, Guerini and Perezzi MX-2005 it really doesn't give me an idea of how much higher the rib is than standard trap guns. I've been messing around with a DT-10 and wanted to know how much taller the rib is on the other guns.

Thanks

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

POI is what you should be worrying about unless you care what it looks like.

Don

4. Illuminati

Illuminati TS Member

I have wondered about this comparison, also. Nothing to do with poi or comb height just the height of the rib compared to other guns.

I think one of the ways to measure this comparison is from the inside lip of the muzzle to the top of the rib plus one/half of the bore.

I have an MX15 which is not an ultra high rib, but it's up there. Using the above method I come up with 1.625 inches.

It would interesting to compare this to other ultra high rib guns.

I hope this helps.

Illuminati

5. krieghoffkrusher

Big Don,
    I have other reasons for asking. Not concerned about looks.

6. krieghoffkrusher

Thanks Goose, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

My Caesar Guerini measures approx from the bottom of the bore to top of rib measures 2.75 inches, at the muzzle it measures 2.25 that is approx .500 slope.

Hope this helps you, I just measured it.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

kreighoff trap special rib height