1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Skeet or Sporting Clays

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadhead358, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

I may be taking a trip with my wife to St. Charles, Illinois towards the end of March. We would be staying at the Pheasant Run Resort the weekend of March 27th. She will be in a nursing seminar all weekend and I need a place to shoot. Are there any facilities to shoot at out there close? Not sure if going to drive or fly, so I don't know if I would have a set of wheels or have to rent a set of wheels. Thanks Tom

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Banned Supporting Vendor

St. Charles gun club is a really nice place to shoot, but they wont allow you (at least they never allowed me to) shoot Skeet there if you are not a member. Their Sporting Clays course is nice as well as their Trap ranges.

3. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Lead, I'm a member at St. Charles Sportsman Club in Elburn, 15 min west of St. Charles. You can't shoot skeet unless you are with a full member, the membership structure has changed as well, there are annual trap and sporting clay memberships now. Membership link above. PM me, maybe we can hook up there.

You'll like St. Charles, lots of nice restaurants and bars down by the Fox river.

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Man, y'all must have a lot of skeet shooters! I've heard of clubs with restrictive rifle/pistol ranges, but never one with a restrictive shotgun field.

ss

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

From Pheasant Run, the St. Charles SC (Elburn, IL...) is probably the closest to you... although Naperville wouldn't be too far off, but if your trip is over a weekend, we'd be available only Sunday afternoon... if you were inclined to shop and dine out our way and wouldn't mind shooting some steel ammo, we'd be glad to have you out to Sportsman's Park.

Jay

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

The closest club would be West Chicago Gun club in West Chicago. South of Rt 64 and just west of Rt 59 maybe 5 miles from Pheasant Run. They shoot trap and skeet on Wednesdays and Sundays. Small club friendly people!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.