1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TRAP SHOOTS LOOK LIKE WEIGHT WATCHER CNVNTIN

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i LOOK LIKE I SHOULD BE POSTER BOY FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS. this past summer i brought a non shooting friend to the wisonsin state shoot. first thing he said, "it looks like a weight watchers convention". i know losing weight is good for your health but, WILL LOSING WEIGHT HELP OR HURT YOUR SCORES?
    steve balistreri

2. Bustedemall

Bustedemall TS Member

Hurt.

And don't bring your biggoted friend back either. LOL

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

You see the added weight is ballast so the perceived recoil is lower.

Jerbear

4. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I have actually been to a Weight Watchers convention, actually it was a convention for area leaders. There were very few really obese folks who attended. Why? Because they are all WEIGHT WATCHERS and they choose to follow a proven program to lose weight. Most of the ladies there were prety nice looking as a matter of fact.

Beyond that, I would guess the majority of American adult men age 35-55 could afford to lose a few pounds, not just trapshooters.

5. Little Limber

Little Limber TS Member

I've been advocating spandex for trapshooters for some time. Why let the bicycle geeks get all the attention?

LL

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing in a group photo of a squad that I was on in a League event. We all had this 'trap shooter' build. 5'10" to 6', no necks, and the trimmest guy was about 20 Lb overweight. Could it be that we are having too much fun and have surrendered to our glutonous nature long ago?

7. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

gun club food is the worst ,so it stands to reason why trapshooters are fat , because the only place to get gun club food is the gun club.

8. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

could be that we want to compete, but something not too strenuous. A good question might be is...Were we all athletes of some sort at a younger age??

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Interesting question DocTaylor. Quite a few of the guys I shoot with played baseball at the HS level. It seems that link is about as common as the fact that we have 18"(+)necks.

10. JayZap

JayZap Active Member

Fat is where its at! Remember Frank Little, he was a short little butter ball with no neck and a fair shot. LOL (an exception to every rule)

11. 3200 tony

3200 tony TS Member

Hi Steve

Could it be that your friend is too skinny to shoot trap? LOL

Tony

12. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Hey those weight watchers are a funny bunch they call a pot luck pic nik a snack and everyone else calls it lunch.:) If you don't burn more than you take in you will remain the same size or larger for ever. Most of the trapshooters are super sized and they know a lot about groceries. I do so and if LeeAnn is messing with those said groceries I want more to do with them. She knows how to make a meal and I love it. Dan

13. Old Dog

Old Dog TS Member

Right on, Shootlow. Apparently, he doesn't KNOWITALL.

14. scott berry

scott berry TS Member

It's not a Weight Watchers convention, your buddy got a first hand experience at a highly competitive event of athletes with a "Trapshooter's Physique".

15. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Now here's a real trap shooter.<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Trap shooters are the cutest...all the way up to their chinny-chins-chins.

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Maybe we could get Weight Watchers to donate some added money to the grand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.