1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap shoots in Sullivan Co PA ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Coyote128, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coyote128

Coyote128 Member

Any trap shoots this Thur,Fri,Sat or Sun in
    Sullivan Co PA?

Thanks
    Steve

2. Coyote128

Coyote128 Member

3. det131

det131 Member

Steve:

Does not appear that North Mountain, Muncy Sportsmen, or North Montour have anything scheduled. Always thought North Mountain was missing the boat not having somekind of fun shoot this comming weekend.

What area of Sullivan Co. are you in?

Jim

4. Coyote128

Coyote128 Member

By Dushore. I am hunting bear and deer
    and my son needs to shoot trap.

5. William681

William681 Member

Call here

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/club.php/1644

Not too far north of Dushore

Bill

6. det131

det131 Member

Steve:

We are located outside of Sonestown, just under twenty miles south of you. We will be doing some informal trapshooting at the farm on Sat. and or Sun. William681 and I would like to extend an invitation to you and your son to join us if you would like. Nothing fancy but if you like to pull the trigger and break clays you are more than welcome.

I will PM you with contact information.

Have a happy thanksgiving and good luck in the woods next week.

Jim

7. det131

det131 Member

Coyote and son:

It was our great pleasure to have you over to the farm to bust some clays. I hope you enjoyed your time with us.

Perhaps next year we can schedule a pheasant & quail hunt here prior to the gathering of the venison.

Good luck in the woods tomorrow.

Jim

8. William681

William681 Member

Season update:

9 hunters, 4 deer, 3 bear, 8 pheasants, 3 quail, ( one useless, full choke @ 15 yds. leaves but wings & feet of a Bobwhite).

Dead to rights: Capt. Morgan:2, Jack Daniels:3, Yuengling Lager: 3 cases,
    Ice tea 1 can..(wimp) Several other "adult" beverages took a hit but managed to surive. ;-)

The afternoon of informal trap shooting was great fun. (Thank you Coyote & pup, please join us again next year.)

Bro. you did very well with a SxS LC-Smith 1930's vintage.

If you shoot a "Classic" get all the old shells you can. What smells better than an old paper ribbed "Remington Express".

Sunday rifle shoot with "tannerite" targets was a hoot.

45-70 Sharps, Trapdoors, 73 Winchesters, off-hand @ 100 will challenge the best marksman.

Bowling pin on top of 1/2lb target launches skyward very nicely.

Biggest victim of the season was the truth, (Lies, no ifs' and or butts), (perhaps I should say it was not outright lies, just clouded memories of the past).

We had heard the stories first hand every year since 1960, and now it is our turn to repeat them, they have not lost the magic.

I only hope the up and coming generation of hunters realize it is not about the kill, it is how you get there.

All the current "sportsman" TV shows glorify the kill. Some of my best hunting experiences never resulted in the trigger being squeezed.

Aka: Nuthatches and Chickadees on my gun barrel, a tree rat that came down the Oak I was leaning against and sat on my shoulder, the racoon that sat on my boot and looked at me. The year I fell asleep at my stand and awoke with a deer sniffing me, she snorted and I ended up with a face full of deer spittle, priceless.

You do not get this from an X-Box

Hope you all enjoy your winter, it is 12 midnight and my thermometer says 70.

I do not miss the Northeast.

Bill

9. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

WOW...that sounds "indecent"....LOL

Vern

10. det131

det131 Member

Bill:

Back in from the fields this morning. Raining hard and just under 40 degrees, nasty out. Yesterday afternoon was rainy and foggy but in the upper fifties. Wet but comfortable. Saw nine yesterday, no shots fired. The big eight is still out there, saw him this am. Only deer I saw. Will spend the afternoon cleaning up and drying out. Supposed to have good tracking snow by morning. That's more like it.

Headed home Friday, working the club on the weekend.

70 degrees at midnight? That a two dog night for you southern boys? Will try to send you some snow later in the year so you don't forget what it looks like. Pictures are just not the same.

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.