1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap shooting = Weightlifting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bill60, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

I havent shot all winter then decided to shoot last weekend and this morniing my upper body was sore and i was thinking, I lifted alot of weight this weekend, about 7600 lbs

follow me on this My gun weighs close to 10 lbs i shot 200 sgl 200 hdcp and 100pr dbls that is 600 targets and 500 lifts of the gun i was in a shootoff sunday 1 round another 25 lifts (i won) and i had 1 miss fire and 5 broken targets over the whole weekend and i lift my gun once before every round just to make every thing looks an feels right that all equals 558 lifts of my gun

but i also shot a case of shells friday to practice, 50 sgl 100 hdcp 50pr dbls, that is another 200 lifts over the weekend i lifted my gun about 760 times and 760 x 10 equals 7600 and that isnt including carrying my shells and my bag I never realized how strenous trapshooting is on your upper body

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Beyond the weight involved, and I don't buy into the cumlative nature of your figures, the shock of the recoil is a major stress on muscles and joints. There is no question that good muscle tone and range of motion are necessary to cope with the weight and twisting involved...just my 2cents.

JON

3. Force Break

Force Break TS Member

When I was shooting competetivly I exercised specifically for the discepline I was shooting, Trap/shotgun games, pistol,etc. I am playing a little golf now and include exercise specifically toward a golf swing and the routine includes weight lifting. If you want to play the "game" well practice and training are a must.
    Go Well Wayne

4. Johntheshooter

Johntheshooter TS Member

LU Weightlifting rules.. wooooooo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap shooting weight excersise