1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Shooting - St. Petes Beach area, Florida

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ron Gillatt, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Gillatt

Ron Gillatt Member

Hello All,

I will be visiting the St.Petes Beach area of Florida in February (I know it is a long time off) and our Son will be flying in from England. I have a Firearms Licence here in Canada but although my son was a good Sporting shooter in England for many years he no longer has a licence. Here is the question, is there a Gun Club near to St. Petes where we can both shoot - we would need to rent guns, as I do not wish to bring my gun for a couple of hours shooting. I live in Canada and our Son lives in England.

Thanks in advance,

Ron Gillatt
    Ex. Brit now a Canadian Citizen

2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The Silver Dollar and the Skyway are both close.

The Skyway shoots only steel and is open Wednesday nights, Saturday and Sunday. The Skyway is off Park Blvd, maybe 35-40 minutes from St. Pete Beach (depending on time of day). I "believe" they also have one skeet field open.

The Dollar will be open every day and you can shoot lead. They have rental guns for, IIRC, $5.00. The Dollar is in NE Hillsborough County (an hour from St. Pete Beach). They also have 5stand and skeet.

There will be several good-sized shoots at the Dollar in February.

Bob

3. Ron Gillatt

Ron Gillatt Member

Thanks 'Straightshooter1' really appreciate the information,

Regards,

Ron

4. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Ron,

If you wish to shoot sporting while your here then you could drop down to the Sarasota Gun Club. About an hour drive south of St Pete. Sarasota has trap, skeet, 5 stand and a very nice 12 station sporting clays course.

The pro shop rents guns and sells ammo.

Jerry B.

5. Ron Gillatt

Ron Gillatt Member

Thanks 'FlaLagarto', good information and good to know. I will be using one of the clubs in the area. I have never been to Florida so I will be 'exploring'!!

Regards and thanks,

Ron (in Ontario, Canada)

6. Ron Gillatt

Ron Gillatt Member

Thanks Pat, is St. Petes Beach area nice ? As I said, I have never been to Florida before so trying to escape some of the Ontario winter is the aim. Our Son is flying in from UK to join us for a week so we hope the weather will be OK for a shoot!!

Ron in Ontario
    Ex. Brit now a Canadian in Canada

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.