1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trap shooting software

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by captain1ma, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captain1ma

captain1ma TS Member

Does anyone have any experience with some of the trap shooting software out there. i considering getting the 3S software for holbrook to make things easier for the ATA chairman. any thoughts, good, bad or indifferent will be appreciated. -- Gary Davis

2. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Buy 3S and don't look back! Great product!

Tim

3. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Mr. Davis,

Our club bought 3S and I have done two shoots with the software. We had help and a cheat sheet prepared by a fellow from the Watauga GC in Boone NC.

That info really helped me get it done and done correctly. Now, I taught a fellow from VA in about 15 minutes how to run the software.

I had to leave early and somebody would have to enter the doubles scores and run the reports. He got it done and also convinced others in his club to purchase the software also.

There might be better packages out there, but this has been fun to learn and use.

If you need any info or the cheat sheet that the fellow prepared, just let me know!

Good luck with your decision!

38-01615

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

OT...your young scorekeepers did a great job HSC, those lobsters where yummie baby.

5. Ertz

Ertz Member

3S is a GREAT piece of software and the support George supplies is terrific! You won't be disapointed.

6. Helen

Helen TS Member

3S is a wonderful piece of software. Darla and I have been using it since it first came out. Wouldn't use anything else. The tech support we get from George is terrific. I really feel that you will not be disappointed in this software. If you use it to its fullest potential you will have very good shoot records, and it really does save you alot of time. In fact, we e-mail the ATA Data report to the ATA the next morning after a shoot, and Kathy and Kay at ATA love it. They are able to download the data right into the shooter's records almost immediately after the shoot is over.

We wouldn't consider using any other software.

Thanks,
    Helen

7. reload

reload TS Member

We have been using the 3S Software for several years. It is very user friendly but the best thing about it is the support. Where else can you get support (on a cell phone) from the guy who wrote the program - and he is available when you need him - not an hour or day after you don't know how to do something. I have called George Cook on more than numerous occasions and the norm is for him to answer on the third ring. When I have to leave a message his average call back time is about 10 minutes. If a stupid question ever upset him I couldn't tell it. There is no way to go wrong - George has got your back.

John Woods AKA Hubba
    Greenville Gun Club, SC

8. Ertz

Ertz Member

nomderf. I would like the cheat sheet. See address above.

9. Otter

Otter TS Member

I believe every Trap Club in Montana that hosts a State or Zone Shoot uses 3S software. At the Billings and Huntley clubs we now have the handicaping and shoot management computers networked together. Once the shooter is classified (handicapped) they are automatically setup in the shoot data base with all their info and hanidcap data and ready to shoot. Great software and the technical support from George as we networked the computers together was awesome. Next year we plan to install "shoot results" monitors outside our club house(s) so shooters can see their shoot results and standings on-line ! ! ! !

Luxor

10. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

ertz - I will send it tonight!!

38-01615

11. Ertz

Ertz Member

nomderf, I am running solo this weekend and could really use the cheat sheet. Any chance you can send me a copy?
    Thanks

12. whatta_attitude

whatta_attitude TS Member

There is also free software at www.rjsturt.com if you want to take a look.
    This is the basic edition of the software used at the Grand American.
    Tech support however may have to come by way of email or a return phone call as we travel doing the major shoots across the US.
    Your more than welcome to download it.It should work perfectly well for most of the clubs useing Windows XP and is compatable with Vista.
    Thanks,
    Sandie

13. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Been running 3s for three years and it's great. Support is wonderful.
    Would be interested to see your cheat sheet.
    Email to above. Thamks Dave. Nevada County SC in N Cal. 0737832

14. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

The system has it's own built in "Cheat Sheet" that I use when doing a Tournament. When you run Setup Menu #8 it prints a sheet for each event showing all of the options / payoffs for the event and the programs that you need to run to finish the event. These instructions show the programs that you need to run and you simply select which one applies depending on what type of event is being done, Singles, Doubles or Handicap.

There is also a sheet which shows what payoff program to run for each type of payoff the system supports. You find this in the help folder in the following section.

Help Button / Contents / Misc Topics / Payoff Program Index. This document shows you how to payoff all of the various types of options found in a Trap Shoot including 25 & 50 Options, Class Purse, 1 yardage purse (Handicap) Multiple yardage purse, Lewis , Special Event etc.

George R Cook

Shooting Sports Software

15. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

nomderf........ I am new to 3S myself and would really appreciate a copy of your "cheat sheet". Please email to me at trap2dan@yahoo.com...Thanks

16. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

Beware of the Smoke and Mirror approach to cashiering software. There are alot of programs out there that say "It works in Windows" but is it a REAL windows application. There is a difference. A true Windows application is all point and click using a Graphical User Interface or GUI. There are some programs that run under the Windows Operating System, (Because that is all ther is now) but the system is still DOS or text based and ported to a Window form. I'm not saying this is bad, it is just that the system is not an "REAL" windows application. The beauty of Windows is that it takes alot of the reqiured setup for the hardware, Printers, Networking and makes it very easy to do.

So before you purchase a system make sure you are getting what you expect. Just my two cents worth here.

George Cook

3S

17. Ertz

Ertz Member

I ran solo for the first time this weekend and it went very well. I had some questions on the payout of 1 for 7 money and emailed George ahead of time. He gave me exact instructions and they were perfect. Thanks George!!!

I cannot recommend this software enough. If you are still processing your ATA shoots by hand you are doing way too much work.

Thanks again George.

Tim Rawerts
    Ertzware LLC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
3s league software
fun shoot for trap softwear
shooting club software programs
soft ware for club trap shooting
trap shoooting software
trap shoot software