1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Shooting Related Question?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chiefjon, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I enjoy this site and spend a few minutes several times a day here. But, it is a trapshooting web site. We don't need racially charged (Diversity in our ranks) or politically rhetorical questions (How long will Democracy last). Certainly, I respect most of the people who answer threads on this site. I disagree, or ignore as I please....by the way, I always sign my real name. And, in the proper setting, I would probably enjoy theoritical exchange with most of you. But, why challenge friendships by bringing topics to the front which have no answer that will be screened out in this setting.

At least, label your threads O/T (off topic) so all will know you are looking for an outlet. Just had to get it off my chest.

Good shooting......break em all. By the way, I took a couple hours of paid coaching and bought a new choke tube....damn I would like to earn some yardage.

JON

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

I'm with you Jon!

Steve

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I personally think the "Diversity in our Ranks" thread is quite >ON TOPIC.

If we should only discuss totally bland stuff that won't raise anybody's blood pressure?? Well-------"What choke for 20 yd hncp?" & "7 1/2 or 8?" ??

John C. Saubak

4. famill00

famill00 TS Member

JON,

Could you please rehash to us your thoughts on using either 7 1/2s or 8s and tell us why? Please provide reasoning for us. Also, when you make a thread like this one maybe you should label it "O/T" If you dont want to read a thread dont open it for crying out loud!

Forrest

PS I prefer 8's in the summer time for anything off the concrete.

5. skip

skip Member

I'm with the finger on this one.

Give me a good reason why we can't talk about racially charged diversity?

This is America we can talk about anything we want to, if you have a problem with this hit the road.

Go shoot skeet!

6. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Intellectual rapport and the honest exchange of differing ideas is something I have experienced both face to face as well as at the end of someone's pen. Face to face is best. Honesty is critical. Airing racial bigotry, exposing another's well meaning comments to tainted commentary and in short participating in a "gang bang" against another is not acceptable.

I began the thread just to see what the comments would be, today. This discussion has been had many times before, here. My thick skin afords me the luxury of taking a few barbs.

I, too, have (and will continue to) enjoy this site, not for a few minutes a day, but for a few minutes, several times a day. For the most part the participants here are great guys and gals. Those that I have met in person have always been polite and friendly. Perhaps having the bigots and the less well informed air their feelings here is the best release possible for them.

I like 7.5s because I have confidence that if I get the bird in any part of the pattern I stand a good chance of breaking it.

JON

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Anybody shoot 9's for trap? lol

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

frank c, sure do; 7/8 oz of 9s (512 of the little boogers) will break 16s, 1st shot of doubles, skeet, and many sporting presentations with great vigor....breakemall....Bob Dodd

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'd be willing to bet that every time Chiefjon talks to someone at a club its not always trap related and thats the way TS.Com is and what makes it the absolute best ... This is basically the TS.Com club house and it appears that O/T is accepted here same as cash ... I'd have to figure by now One or more of the Moderators would of changed something, said something, or in someway made it known if anything was considered to be unaceptable including subjects that are O/T ... If it ain't broke please don't fix it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.