1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Shooting Optometrists

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RHAT, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

I'm looking for a Optometrists that understands Trap Shooting,....... I live in the Dallas, TX area,..... but would be willing to travel to work with a good group.

Any ideas??

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

AA-27-AA Laura Winkle, O.D., 10 time All American, understands the game.

Dr. Laura Winkel (From her website)

I am a Washington state native, growing up in the Spokane area. I have been trapshooting since I was ten years old, when my father, Delbert Wynecoop, introduced me to the sport. Growing up, I received much support from my father and my mother, Esther.

I am a life member of the ATA, and an annual member of the PITA. I am a AA-27-AA shooter. I have been selected to be on the Women's All American team for the past ten years (2001-2010). I was inducted into my state Hall of Fame in 2004.

I attended graduate school at Pacific University College of Optometry in Forest Grove, OR. I have 23 years experience as an optometric physician. I currently practice in Kennewick, WA. I have the privilege of working with a great husband and wife team, Mike and Debbie Smilie. This relationship allows me to offer a wider variety of options and services to my patients.

I am proud to be a wife and a mother to Jim and Bradley, respectively. Bradley is now 12 years old, and travels to the shoots with us. (I'm sure you're not interested in Jim's age.) Bradley enjoys shooting his 22 rifle and has begun to shoot a few rounds of registered trap.

Understanding the special eye care needs of trapshooters allows me to provide an even greater service to my patients, and I take their needs very seriously. Trapshooting is a great sport, with great people, and great people deserve the best in eye care.

~Dr. Laura Winkel

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Dr. Frank Rively (ATA Executive Director) will be at the Grand. He's set up there to give eye exams.

4. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Laura Winkle is in Kennewick Washington ,will probably be at the grand ,,,one super person ,,,MX8 Dave

5. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

I like Frank Rively alot! He has always helped me out.
    Jeff Philipbar/puablo

6. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Dr. Frank Rively is very good. Also, he has the "magic touch" when it comes to adjusting the frames.

Allen

7. RHAT

RHAT Member

8. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Anyone in the Northeast? I don't know how Dr. Rively could do exams at Sparta because of the time constraints of his job with the ATA. I maybe wrong, again.(LOL)

9. kie95

kie95 Member

I second Dr. Frank Rively, great guy. He did take vacation the week of the PA state shoot to see patients. Talking to his wife at the Pa. State shoot I don't think he is going to have patients at the grand this year due to his new position with the ATA. But call him that may change. He now lives in Ohio so he may be practicing there during his off time.

10. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Dr. Frank Rively

11. RHAT

RHAT Member

Does anyone have a number for Dr. Frank Rively in OH,???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.