1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Shooting Near Akron Ohio

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RJG53, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJG53

RJG53 TS Member

I recently moved to the Akron Ohio area and am looking for trap clubs within 30-40 miles from Akron, to shoot during the weekday evenings, Monday-Thursdaqy evenings. Interested in leagues, practice, protections, Okleys etc. Any locations with addresses, directions and type of shooting appreciated.

2. whopper1

whopper1 Member

Lake Milton Fish and Game club shoots on Friday night-open to the public. We shoot 10 protections then a couple of Oakleys. There is also a practice trap running all night. Its a great club to shoot at-nice people, great club house and food.

Club is located at 4374 Bedell Rd in Berlin Center, Ohio 44401. It is about 30 minutes east of Akron. If you need directions or have any questions you can give me a call at 330 388 2501 or 330 644 8252. There is a web site with pictures-just google Lake Milton Fish and Game. We really have a good time out there. Hope to see you.

Dave

3. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Mt Eaton and Sugarcreek on friday nights, Newcomerstown on thurs nights ( 50 bird progarn, 16, hdcps )Sundays also. Minerva on Sat nights , protectors, weds Sandy valley. tuesdays Coshocton, 50 bird progam. May others scattered around

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I recall shooting at several places with buddies of mine from around there.

Copley Range (Chippewa) and Mud Run are probably the closest to Akron, but you'll need to look-up what they offer:

http://www.shotgunshoot.com/clubs/show/98

http://www.mudruntrapclub.com/

I also remember going to Nelson Ledges Roadcourse which is about an hour NE of Akron, and there was a place called AA or something about 1 minute from there. They've got trap, skeet, 5-Stand, pistol and rifle range, etc. It's listed as Garrettsville, but it might actually be in Nelson Township or Southington.

http://www.ohiobiz.com/northeast-ohio/A-A-Shooting-Hunting.html

There are several other clubs from the west side of Cleveland over to Conneaut on the far NE corner of the State.

Good luck to you. NE Ohio has some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet. The Ohio Gun Collectors Association is probably the best collector organization in the country and their private gun shows are SUPERB. Well-known people from Clark Gable to Sarah Palin have been members, but most are just regular enthusiasts. Good people.

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
akron clay shooting
clay shooting akron ohio
clay target shooting near akron ohio

skeet shooting akron ohio

skeet shooting around akron ohio

trap shooting

trap shooting akron ohio

trap shooting copley ohio jacoby road