1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Shooting Instruction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Salt, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salt

Salt Member

What is the best trap shooting instructional DVD that is available and why?

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

This is like saying, what is the best oil to run in your car, should you use higher octane, what about one or two eye shooting. It will be an endless debate.

You can't go wrong if you stick with the known shooters that have a good track record.

Phil Kiner, Leo Harrsion III, Kay Ohye, Harlan Cambell, Nora Ross, etc, etc.

Also, is there something specific? Each instructor has a specific trait that they incorporate into their instructions. Personally, I would take their clinics and then keep a DVD around to keep it fresh in your mind.

Bryan

3. Shawn

Shawn Member

I liked the last Phil Kiner Video. He is not selling a particular method or style that you are meant to adapt to. I haven't seen Leo's yet but have heard good things about it as well.

Shawn

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Is "Ken Ohye" Kay's brother? :)

5. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I don't know what you are talking about, it says Kay.....*snicker, snicker*

6. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo is now offering his video individually, so you can get the singles/handicap DVD or the Doubles/Mental game, for $74.50 each or the set of both for $140. Email to the above address to order or you can call 573-795-6992. Leo has tapes avail at Silver Dollar GC in Jan and Mar and will have some at Tucson in Feb and San Antonio in April.

7. Salt

Salt Member

I'd just like to thank all that replied to this post. I'm going to start with the Harlan Campbell Jr DVD "Trap Shooting My Way". Thanks again, Salt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.