1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Shooting in Staten Island?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Looks like I will have to bite the bullet & go to Brooklyn for two weeks to take cAare of some family business. Is it worth the hassel & possible B.S. taking a "GUN" to NYC to shoot a few rounds of trap in Staten Island & other local clubs?---Thanx---I used to work for the NYFD & I used to know all the rules but its been 20 plus years----Phil

2. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Phil,,,,there is a provision for traveling thru,,,,but you might be pushing it,,,,that said,,,,,if you behave no one will give you a hard time,,,,If you do come up ,,,love to shoot with you,,,,I shoot Staten Island,,,and Suffolk trap in yaphank,,,exit 67 off the lie,,,,also Brookhaven town range,,,,exit 68 off LIE ( 495 ),,,,I shoot with a group of firefighters,,I had 25 yrs with volenteer company,,,and my two partners both have close to 30 yrs,,,,one is a chief now,,,,see pictures on TS.COM faces page unden 682liny,,,,e mail above ,,drop the XXX's,,,,Bill,,,Albertson Fire Company,,FIRERIDERS motercycle club,,long island NY

3. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

PHIL AND BILL

I'M IN IF YOU GUYS WANT TO SHOOT ON A WED THURS FRI. LET ME KNOW WHERE
    AND WHEN. STATEN OR LONG...ANY ISLAND WILL DO! EMAIL ME AT ABOVE NAME "@AOL.COM"

JOE

4. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

Hey I was going to try and pop down there at some time too and see what it looks like. Is There a law or somthing to go in or cross the GW ? . BTW my dad is retired NYPD 41. I used to play hockey with the cops and firemen in Orange County.

Martin

5. break25

break25 TS Member

LUGNUTZ426. Staten Island is only opened on Wednesdays after 5PM. But open Saturdays and Sundays. Call 1.718.761.6274 or go on line at www.SITRAP.ORG.

Chazz

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I HAVE NOT SHOT THERE IN MANY YEARS. I GO RIGHT PAST ON MY WAY TO JERSEY
    FOR BUSINESS A FEW DAYS A WEEK. WED EVENING MIGHT WORK OUT GREAT. I NEED TO
    GET MY 3200 OUT AND DUST OFF THE COBWEBS. HOW ARE THE LIGHTS THIS TIME OF YEAR?
    AS IT GETS DARK AROUND 5 PM?

JOE

7. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Hello Lugnutz,,,,Eddie from east hills is now a arizona resident,,,hes working at a dealer out there,,,I am shooting the winter leauge at brookhaven,,,,going for Pheasant 23-24,,,after that ,,can shoot any non leauge day,,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.