1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TRAP Shooting in St. Louis

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gold40, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gold40

gold40 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    In the St. Louis area there are at least a half dozen trap ranges. The least expensive ones are run by the state conservation department at Bush Wildlife off Highway 94 and at Henges area near Eureka on I-44. The there is the St. Louis Skeet & Trap at Eureka, OLIN at Alton, IL, Blackhawk at Old Monroe, Arnold Gun Club in Arnold, Washington, MO, and the new Gateway Gun Club in Haxelwood @ I-370. Several of these facilities also offer Sporting Clays and/or Five Stand. Sandy Creek in Pevely only has Sporting Clays.

Several now charge $8 a round for non-members. The state range only charges $3, but it is "subsidized." Club annual membership fees are as high as $250 per year; some less.

I shot yesterday (SATURDAY) afternoon at St. Louis Skeet & Trap and there were a total of 4 shooters on the entire facility.

WIth the increased cost of shooting a round, clays, ammunition, and gasoline, one wonders if how many of these trap ranges will survive. Is your local range having economic difficulties? Is the activity level (# shooters) down?

2. jrb

jrb Member

Jan 29, 1998
    There are alot of gun clubs in the St. Louis area that you did not mention. Many of these shoot derbies and have leagues, not to mention meat shoots.

St. Louis T&S club has had a tough time for a few years now....some of it are the prices and some of it is the way they run things.

Others include :

Edwardsville Gun Club in Edwardsville, IL
    Brittany Gun Club (State Grounds)
    Sparta ( wrsc)
    Kvs in Keyesport, IL

Defiance ( Daniel Boone Club )
    Young's Gun Club
    Dutzow club also (ch club)
    Hawk Point

Plus quite a few others that I am forgetting right now.

J.R. Brock
  3. trapman69

trapman69 Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Warrenton Mo
    Don't forget Berger gun club shoots for meat every 1st sunday so does New
    Melle VFW hall.
    Hermann rod and gun club meat shoot's every second sunday of the month.
    This month Stony Hill will have a meat shoot on the 3rd sunday they also
    shoot cards.
    There's another place outside of Old Monroe that shoots sporting clays and
    trap can't think of the name though. Can't think of anymore. Tom
  4. Troutslayer

Troutslayer TS Member

May 21, 2006
    Gold40, You have made a good thread to let people in the STL area that clubs are suffering. I must add that as a local Washington,MO youth shooter the YESS (youth enjoying shooting sports) club would like support to start up another club near the washington airport to give a place to practice for local ffa, 4h, and sctp (aims) teams. This club will be replacing the franklin county wildlife club which was shut down earlier last year by the DNR.

Thanks to all that support -- Chris Gerber
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dutzow meat shoot

hermann mo meat shoots

olin trap range

st louis trap shooting

trap range illinois st louis

trap range st louis

trap shoting highway 94

where to go trap shooting in st louis