1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trap shooting in Reno, NV and Susanville CA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Herman63, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman63

Herman63 Member

I may be taking a trip to see my mother and wanted to know if there where places to shoot trap near her. She lives in Susanville Ca and we fly into Reno Nevada.

Thanks, Herman63 from KY

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Sage Hills in Reno has what your looking for. Its an easy trip from Susanville, no problem getting in an afternoon of shooting and getting back in time for dinner.

3. Herman63

Herman63 Member

Expensive?

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Well, Susanville to Carson City begins to get to be a long haul being another 45 minutes south of Reno, and both clubs, Reno and Carson City will not be found on the inexpensive list. I visit both at least once a year having family in Carson City. Good shooting but I paid $7.50 for non-member rounds of skeet and trap at Carson last year and sporting practice was somewhere around $40/100. Folks seem to tolerate it though. Now, Susanville used to have a small club and it may still be out there in the foothills south and maybe some east of the town. You'll have to check around once there to see if it's still operating......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

5. joe scout

joe scout Member

Clubs nearer Susanville. Portola and Sierraville. Might have to the local Chamber of Commerce.

Joe

6. RENOSTEVE

RENOSTEVE Member

Hi Herman,

The websites for Sage Hill (Reno) and Capital City (Carson City) are http://www.sagehillclays.com and http://www.capcityclays.com/ respectively.

Susanville has the Sierra Sportsmen Club and you may contact via the President Lowell @ 530 257-3764 or the Secretary Charles @ 530 253-1082.

Just west of Susanville is another small members run club which is the Westwood Rifle and Pistol Club. This club is nestled in the pines with pistol and rifle lanes along with one trap field and sporting clays. The President is John @ 530 596-3740, and the Vice President is Bill @ 530 596-3011.

Do call ahead, especially Susanville and Westwood for hours and what may or may not be shot on a given day.

Enjoy your trip, Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

susanville trap club

trap shooting reno nv