1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Shooting in Northern Indiana??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by aaaskeet, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaaskeet

aaaskeet Member

Hey guys, I am just curious. When I was a kid, I lived in Elkhart Indiana. I was a trap boy and also shot (a little) at the old Elkhart Shooting Center in the early/mid 80's. I know the club has been gone for a very long time. I can also remember (when I was very young) going to the old Boot Hill Gun Club with my dad and grandpa. I was just curious if anyone on here remembers these places, and maybe some of the shooters from that era? Where does everyone up there shoot now. And is there anyone left still shooting from that area? I am talking shooting protections not practice. which is what was mainly shot anyway.

Like I said I was strolling down memory lane and was just curious. If you have any info. or stories you do not want to share here, feel free to pm me.

Thank you

Dennis

2. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Born in 1956, lived on Rivershores Ln. off W.Indiana Ave. near the County Line Bridge on the St. Joe river (lower). Left in 1972 to Tucson Az. St. Vincent church and Grade 1 thru 8 before headin' off to Jimtown for HS. Great place to grow up, lot's off truly fond memories, and now Elkhart has turned into little Nogale Sonora...Mom say's they're just tearin' it up little by little like what happened to South Bend early 70's before they fought back and won! Anyway, where were the clubs you mentioned located, and whereabouts did you live in Elkhart? Tim By the way, we walked out our back door down 40 steps to the river where nestled between two piers was the most gorgeous 19 ft. Chris Craft Capri...now I'm goin' nuts, thanks Dennis

3. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Elkhart is gone of course and the shooting along the border (MI/IN) consists of Saturdays only at Wild Acres in Union, MI. This is in the back yard of Weir Stone's house. He ran Elkhart for a while. We shoot suzy's and protections in the morning's and Weir throws Sporting Clays in the afternoon.

The main calcutta's are now to the North. Plainwell, Allegan, and Fennville Michigan. These are going strong but not Indiana boys to speak of.

Matt Ski

4. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Hey Matt, What about St. Joe Conservation and Edwardsburg??

5. pullbangloss

St. Joe (MI) shoots some registered along with St. Joe (IN) but not many games that I'm aware of.

We do however shoot meat shoots in the winter at Edwardsburg.

Matt Ski

6. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I shot practice at St. Joe VCC today. As far as I know they do not shoot games. St. Joe VCC does have a Zone Shoot coming up soon.

Matt, how far is Edwardsburg from Fort Wayne?

Rich (always up for a meat shoot) in Indiana

7. pullbangloss

Rich,

Edwardsburg is probably an hour and a half. It takes me an hour and 45 minutes to get to Albion and 15 mintues to get to Edwardsburg.

They have some great meat shoots in the winter time. Porterhouse Steaks, smoked pork chops, and fresh brats.

Matt Ski

8. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Matt

Sounds good. Keep me in mind and give me a heads up when the meat shoots start.

Rich in Indiana

9. pullbangloss

We'll do. Should be around October/November.

Matt Ski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

northern indiana shooting ranges

photos fromelkhart trap club

trap ranges in northern indiana

trap shooting elkhart indiana

trap shooting in elkhart

up comingtrap shoots in northern ind