1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Shooting in 1926 Video

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 85TTR, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 85TTR

85TTR Member

Found this online.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gWRoRQHgmvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Its a good video but it was on here about 6 months ago. Glad you still brought it up for those who might not have seen it before.

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

It would be a pleasure to shoot with these fellows who dressed for the occasion...suits, ties, dress hats. Cigars and cigarettes were common, but not many T-shirts and "beer bellies"... Regards, Ed

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

has our sport evolved... such a nice group of middle-aged white guys shooting trap... I see then it was customary to expect someone else to pick up your empties...

Especially liked the couple of fellows who did a nice dry-point at the camera... and the high tech eye and ear protection used at the time...

"spats" should make a comeback!

best regards all,

Jay

5. rustygun

rustygun Member

One man is shooting an over under that looks like a superposed. I thought they didn't come out until the 30's ?

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Shooting in 1926 Video

I think this film's date is correct. This came from the Blanchard family archives in New Hampshire. They were a wealthier family. A copy of this should be acquired for the THOF, if it is not in there already.

7. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Puller sure got a good work out. I remember that cock and pull set up. Didn't worked the lever but shot alot of targets. Pulls tended to be slow compared to today.

8. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

I was glad to see that one shooter had an A5. My man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.