1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TRAP SHOOTING HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DRIPSWNIP, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRIPSWNIP

DRIPSWNIP TS Member

If for whatever reason. You could no longer shoot trap, ever. How would you spend your free time? What else would you take up or do more of that you do not do now because of the time you spend with this game? And would you spend anytime on TS.com?

Thanks for thoughts

Michael

2. paul e. stark

paul e. stark TS Member

Beer and hookers! LOL!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Vern---Been there and done that. I just found out Monday that the procedure(2 level fusion L-4,L-5 S1) failed to fuse together and now must be done again. I told the surgeon, not 'til after the Grand. I've looked forward to this Grand after missing last year. It sucks but what are you gonna do. Listen to the docs no matter how much it sucks. Good luck with your recovery.----Matt

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Bowling and classic car shows, wait a minute thats what I'm doing now anyway ... I go and shoot if I get the itch but its been a little warm here as of late ... Bowling is climate controlled and car shows are after the sun goes down, usually ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Shoot sporting clays and skeet.

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'd spend my time looking for a good cemetary plot...........Cause if I can't shoot I might as be under the sod.

Hauxfan!

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A picture is worth a thousand words.

HM

8. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

Switch to the more manly, difficult, & competitive sport of Skeet. The true shooting game for real men!!!!!!!!!!!

9. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

O.K., I was just kidding. Get the cemetery plot but first the BEER! Colonel

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Volunteering at your local club comes to mind. Perhaps working with your local youth shooting program. There are many worthwhile organizations/causes where you could donate your time and specific expertise.

Eric

11. wdr-NY

wdr-NY TS Member

I find a way to shoot... blind, no arms, it doesn't matter...

...I'd rather die poor after a lifetime of shooting than rich and without trap in my life.

Walker

12. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Halfmile, thats why I like this site so much.

If I couldn't shoot trap. I'd sit around and burn small piles of all the PB and 700X I have laying around. Maybe throw a handful of primers on the pile too. Wayne

13. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Easy one. Fly fishing. (Golf is good too.)

14. biking

biking Member

Interesting question...My shooting flame has flickered over the years (been shooting since 1957, many many many thousands of registered targets) but I still love to shoot. A year or so ago I got one of those "adult" air rifles and I've been hooked ever since. The power, accuracy and the ability to shoot often in many different places including your yard if possible keeps me shooting daily. The new generation of PCP (pre-charged pneumatic) airguns are incredible. Check out the Crosman Discovery at their web site. You pump 'em up with a industrial strength hand (bicycle like) pump up to 2000 PSI. You then get about 25 shots in .22 cal. that at 25 yards will go into the same hole time and time again. Fifty yard shots at pest birds are not even a challenge. Long story made short, if you're looking to shoot more for less and experience new challenges I strongly suggest you take a look at air guns...I think you'll surprised.

15. biking

biking Member

Interesting question...My shooting flame has flickered over the years (been shooting since 1957, many many many thousands of registered targets) but I still love to shoot. A year or so ago I got one of those "adult" air rifles and I've been hooked ever since. The power, accuracy and the ability to shoot often in many different places including your yard if possible keeps me shooting daily. The new generation of PCP (pre-charged pneumatic) airguns are incredible. Check out the Crosman Discovery at their web site. You pump 'em up with a industrial strength hand (bicycle like) pump up to 2000 PSI. You then get about 25 shots in .22 cal. that at 25 yards will go into the same hole time and time again. Fifty yard shots at pest birds are not even a challenge. Long story made short, if you're looking to shoot more for less and experience new challenges I strongly suggest you take a look at air guns...I think you'll surprised.

16. biking

biking Member

17. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Only hit the "Submit Message" button once. Wayne

18. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Wow what a flinch........

19. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I am in that situation right now, with recovery from a dislocated right shoulder. I missed last nights shoot at my club as result of dislocated shoulder, so far and I feel sad about missing more plus the state shoot. Makes you reflect on "what if I can't do this anymore?" Could be worse though, what if you couldn't make love to your wife, hold your kids, or do your job?

For the time being, I will do my rehab, rebuild the strength in my arm and shoulder, and learn to cast my fishing rods left handed, because the bow, rifle and pistols are off limits for the next few weeks. I can score trap, and BS with the guy at the club instead of shooting for the time being. Probably, just what I would do if it were or becomes permanent.

John E.

20. DRIPSWNIP

DRIPSWNIP TS Member

I hope that all of us can shoot whatever game we choose for as long as we are able and have the desire to do so. The most important things in life are not things at all.

Although guns,ammo,clay targets,and a place to go to use them. Sure help make everyday a great day to be alive.

Just don't stop living if life makes those things, shooting, impossible to do for whatever reason.

I enjoyed hunting big game before clay target sports entered my life. It is easier now to hunt behind my bird dog then lugging treestands and quartering big game. So I guess for now I will balance the two and would problably just bird hunt in the fall and fish in the spring and summer if I didn't shoot.

And yes I would still look on TS.com when the weather made it impossible to enjoy the first two.

Thanks for your thoughts

MIchael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.