1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap shooting has advantages when U R older

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OLD ONE EYE, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

The one important thing to me about Trap Is that Trap is something that you can do even when you have physical problems that will not allow you to run jump or walk or stand for long periods of time. I have good and bad days with my back but still manage to shoot regularly. I some times have to rest between rounds but I still get to enjoy the feeling of lightin up the sky with ink balls and that makes my day. I have friends that need a chair or scooter to shoot a round but they are there every week giving me inspiration.
    I have to admit that I am the youngest on the squad they call me KID on my squad and I love it not many times you get called the kid at 69 years old with that said the guy in the best shape on my squad is Old George and he is 90 and just broke a 98 in handicap last week. The other thing I need to mention is when I get up in the morning and look in the mirror the guy I see is not the same guy that is in my mind I keep asking myself who is that old guy in my mirror it is not me I know that. Off to the shop to reload tomorrow is wed and we shoot the silver hair 25 singles 25 handicap 50 total with a lewis class lunch and lies with a cold one another day at the club

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Great post. Glad you have something to keep you young. Have a good day young man.

Matt

4. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Good story. Reminded me of an old shooting friend who showed-up to shoot after a long hospital stay. He said he didn't know he had so many removable parts. Gotta hang in there.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Big Heap---hell if i die now, i'll leave with alot more than i came with. I have a mini hardware store in my shoulder and back. Only problem is, i'm not sure if they are metric or SAE. LOL

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.