1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trap shooting for 3.5yrs ATA 1.5 things that get m

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

things that get me
    1. shooters who close their action or set their release triggers when I begin to mount my gun
    2. guys with triggers on the trigger before the gun comes up to shoulder and pointing downrange release or pull.
    3. Guys who dont wait a secound or 2 before opening action on a Fail to fire. 20sec count at our range. Hang fires are not common but do happen.
    Thats it

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

4. Trapshooters who stuff up the toilets just before an event.

Tron

3. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Why let stuff like this "get to you"? You are on a trap field and surrounded by people shooting guns, driving loud diesel trucks, whooping it up behind the line, car alarms going off, etc, etc. PS - I believe hang fires are a myth. I can believe a firing mechanism hung up and the gun went off when attempting or starting to open, but I do not believe a primer can turn into a timed fuse but if you wait 20 seconds all is deemed safe. If you really believe a primer can act that way, you better open the gun only after submersing it in water or oil for a few hours.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Tron, It's about time you posted where the hell have you been? Oh and thanks for taking the post down the drain as it where.

5. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

sounds like Range RAGE!seek professional help immediatly !

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Does this affect your scores?

7. Beacon

Beacon TS Member

About 3 months ago I was practicing with some new Federal multi-purpose loads. I had a hard right and pulled the trigger. No fire...I continued to point downrange and what seemed like 5 seconds later - the gun fired. I have no idea what happened. I shoot a BT-99 and there is nothing wrong with it. The trigger clicked when I pulled it, the shell just didn't fire immediately. It was scary if nothing else. I think the 20 second rule is an excellent idea even if it usually isn't necessary.

8. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Mac i understand your concerns. I watched a very good shooter at the Indiana State shoot who is a fast mounter and he's putting his gun to shoulder after the previous shooter has called "Pull" and before the shot is taken. That would bother me but I'll never shoot in his squad so I guess I can just say it bothers me and not have to deal with it. I also observed a guy who flinched so badly he would pull the trigger when his gun was pointing at the ground in front of the line after he couldn't finish the trigger pull when the bird was in the air. That happened tree times when the man was in the first post. Never saw him do it again but he is a gopher hunter with all those holes blown in the ground. Dan

9. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I would say the biggest thing is them skeet shooters who come over and shoot trap and kick our butts before going back to shooting there more difficult sport.

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I have a friend who often shoots to my right and would begin his gun mount when I called for a target. I wear blinders so I only noticed it on right angles. I nicely mentioned it to him one day and he stopped doing it.

Another shooter who did the same thing did not respond to being asked; he instead claimed he did not do that. With him, I called for but did not shoot at a target and instead looked at him standing there with his gun fully mounted. Doing that twice solved the problem.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.