1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

trap shooting clinics and videos

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by junior winner, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junior winner

junior winner TS Member

i took a clinic with frank hoppe a few months ago and i watch his video before a big shoot was thinking about buying another video and/or attending another clinic with leo or harlan. any suggestions.

2. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I took a Kiner & a Campbell clinic, e-mail me.

3. brian meyerhofer

brian meyerhofer TS Member

If both Doug and Ertz could please email me with thoughts sbout the clinics they attended, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks.
    Brian
    brian442@yahoo.com

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I sent you a pm regarding clinics. Can't say enough good about them. John

5. quicksand

quicksand Guest

Frank Hoppe clinic is well worth the money. Took the one day clinic...very helpful.

6. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I have taken numerous clinics over the years. There are probably 6 different people that have conducted them. I can truthfully say I learned something from each one that helped me. I think you can learn & improve more by taking a clinic than the same amount of $ in practice.

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

If you found that Frank helped you. Do you think he would help you more if you spent more time with him?

Choosing an instructor or coach is an individual choice like your shooting style.

I know both Harlan and Kay Very well. In fact I used to teach Clinics with Harlan. Both are good (GREAT INSTRUCTORS) but they are both different. A Harlan Student more often than not would do better with Harlan. The same for Kay's students. I would not hesitate to recommend either of them to a new shooter.

If any top athlete changed coaches weekly their performance would suffer. Once you choose an Instructor stick with them until you can learn no more from them.

Switching instructors like changing sox is the quickest recipe for poor scores.

Joe Goldberg

8. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I have made two trips to the County Health Clinic. Does that count? Learned a lot each time. Just for some reason or other, can't refrain from the need to go again.

9. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Most instructors have a certain set way to present their informaion. We always recommend other classes to those who have attended Leo's clinic and are still interested in learning. You hear the same info in different words and sometimes it sinks in a little deeper coming from one instructor or another. Leo has had alot of repeat students and he has had alot of students who attended other classes before his. There is no absolute right or wrong way to shoot trap. We feel it is good to hear different ideas and possible solutions to problems. Feel free to email us if you have any questions about a Leo's Elite Shooting clinic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.