1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Roloads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tgf91, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgf91

tgf91 TS Member

I have a 700 mec loader I used for skeet
    I need to get a larger powder bushing for trap
    I'm using windchester w209 primers AA hulls and IMR 700x powder.
    I'd like to use these components up & shoot trap.
    I'm a beginner @ trap
    What # mec bushing should I use?
    Thanks Ted Foster

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Ted,

Use whatever bushing that gives you the right charge weight for the load you are using.

The only way to know this is to weigh the powder!

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Get a scale, get a recipe from the IMR folks - http://www.imrpowder.com/ - , use whatever bushing drops the amount of 700X you want. I'd recommend 1 oz of shot, appropriate wad for the hull, and 16.5 to 17 grains of 700X for a comfortable 16 yard trap load.....Bob Dodd

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Hmmm ... interesting. I know I didn't delete my above post and interesting how a couple of other posts have also been deleted in this thread. I know my post was comical in nature and one of the other posts asked why a new bushing since he could use the same load for skeet and trap but ... Hmmm ... I wonder if it was the moderator or did somebody hack the system and is now censoring things or people he/she/they may not like.

David? Did you instill moderator functions and delete some posts from this thread or is somebody inflicting censorship upon this site?

I guess if this post gets deleted it will answer whether it is David or somebody else.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Hmmm ... now even more interesting. There were 3 messages that did have the now infamous "Message Deleted" tag on them that are no longer even there on this thread.

I thinks there is some games afoot.

Dang ... I should have looked at the top and noticed the new little button ... nice feature to get rid of and not show the deleted posts but the question still is out there as to who exactly deleted my first post on this thread?

David? Did you delete that first post? I aint pissed or anything but just wondering if you or somebody else either has hacked your system or maybe has decided to possibly overstep there censorship.

6. Questor

Questor TS Member

I found that with MEC bushings, I need to buy the recommended size, and two sizes on either side of that side. Then I experiment and use the one that gets me closest to the weight I want. For my current load, the bushing table said to use a #32, and I actually use a #33. For my 20 gauge load, the busing I use is one size smaller than was recommended. Fortunately I don't use a lot of different loads or powders. I just refine one, and stick with it.

If I were more experimental, I'd get one of those universal charge bars.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

A scale , universal charge bar. Best two things I have next to my Mec reloader. I have been buying up odd ball componants at yard sales, gun shows ect ect. So having a adjustable bar is very good. I have a odd lot of powders that I have been running down. So a scale and bar are perfect for this. I have a old bushing chart from a pre 85 mec 650 and it differs from new website chart for like powders. Ted what is your current recipe for Skeet????