1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap ranges near Sunset Beach,NC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by poppasquigs361, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppasquigs361

poppasquigs361 TS Member

Can anyone tell me where I can do some Trap Shooting in the area around Sunset Beach, NC. I will be vacationing in the area and would like to do some shooting if possible.
    Thanks,
    Greg

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Nothing close. Triple B in South El Monte is probably the closest and they're public and open every day. About 30 miles.

3. burtona

burtona Member

Myrtle Grove Gun Club is about 20-25 miles away in longs, SC.
    Here's a link to the club site
    http://www.mgplantation.com/thegunclub.htm

Big 50 shoot every Wed at 1:00PM
    link to schedule is:
    http://www.shootata.com/content/ata_zones/club.aspx?clubid=480051

Open shooting Wednesday through Sunday, closed Mondayand Tuesday.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

How rebarrassing! I saw Sunset Beach and I immediately thought of Sunset Beach, California - and I'm in North Carolina, but I never heard of Sunset Beach, North Carolina.

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Greg,

When are you vacationing? I have a reunion with the guys I was stationed with in England in the 60's but don't remember the dates. I will be staying in Myrtle Beach but understand there is a range about half way between Sunset and Myrtle beach. I plan to take my gun and shoot a few rounds. Jackie B.

6. burtona

burtona Member

I live in the area and I'm not aware of any clubs between Myrtle Beach and Sunset Beach (but I could be wrong). Other than Myrtle Grove in Longs, Sc the only other nearby club with Trap facilities I'm aware of is in Aynor, SC which is West of Conway, SC but I've never shot there.
    Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

rebarrassing