1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap ranges in/near LA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Buckeyegrad13, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckeyegrad13

Buckeyegrad13 TS Member

Hello everyone,

My grandfather bought me my first trap gun for my college graduation. I couldn't have asked for a better gift. The only problem is that I am moving to LA in August for work. I'LL be living in Glendale and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good trap ranges within a reasonable distance to Glendale?

Thanks for all your help

Adam

2. sidious

sidious Member

1) Oak Tree Gun Club in Newhall, CA which is about 20-30 mins away from Glendale
    2) Triple B in El Monte, CA which is also 20-30 mins away from Glendale

3. Buckeyegrad13

Buckeyegrad13 TS Member

For those that may have been curious about the gun. Browning BT 99

buckeyegrad13_2013_2805.jpg

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

North Hollywood Gunclub; smaller, old timey, open Wed, Saturdy, and Sunday mornings. Does not charge "city prices"...

5. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

When you want to take a nice drive, go to Redlands; great birds, nice club.
    They do a once a month shoot on the first Sunday, under the Tri-County Club.
    Next shoot is June 2.
    Come shoot as a guest.
    Regards, nice BT-99, and good shooting,
    Dave

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Thanks all for your recommnedations. North Hollywood Gun Club is the oldest private gun club in Southern Calif. We have 5 Pat trap fields and 1 skeet field. We charge $5 for guests the first time. Membership is $100 for the year and $4.50 per round for members. At present we have over 130 members and will cut off membership at 150 [we think]. We hold monthly ATA events and social activities for members. We take pride in our target quality. Guests are welcome to visit. Fred

7. racer

racer TS Member

Adam- I moved out here two years ago and got to join the North Hollywood Club. Always feel welcome even when I can't get there for months at a time. Maybe this year I'll get to shoot more! :) Dan

8. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Buckeye, good map, try all the clubs, and you'll see which are good, and who claim to have good targets, and which HAVE good targets. You will find there is one of them (clubs) that stands HEAD AND SHOULDERS above all the rest.
    Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.