1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Trap Practice Games

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by deadeyedukewannabe, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadeyedukewannabe

deadeyedukewannabe TS Member

I was just wondering if there are any 'games' you know of that youth play/practice to gain skill at a certain station, angle shot, or handicap.

Any input is appreciated,

Thanks - deadeyedukewannabe

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Tie a can to a branch, get it swinging and plink at it with the BB gun at short range. good for the hand and eye.

3. deadeyedukewannabe

I was looking for games a little more related to shooting trap. For example, the other night at practice, we set the machine fast and at a hard right angle, we all stood on station five. As soon as you shot two rocks from 16yrds, you moved back 2 yrds. You did this until everyone, or who ever had shells left reached the 27yrd line. Who ever had the most shells left wins. Its good practice for those hard right angles, which i usually struggle with.

deadeyedukewannabe

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Around here we have two slightly different games that are real fun to play, and you can add your own places to shoot as well. We call them skrap and the other is skwabble, my spelling is terrible but both mix the words skeet and trap together. One is played with the standard trap machine throwing the standard height target consistanly while moving back and forth normally at the 5 angles, you start shooting on station one on the skeet field, shoot until you break the target.(one or two shots your choice). Up to a max or 4 to 5 shots (your choice). Then move to station 2 then 3 up to station 7. The first person shooting is the lead off man, after the 7th station it is his choice to move anywhere on the field for the remaining targets left(or back to 6,5,4,3,2,1). You shoot at 25 targets so you can go though 2 boxes of shells. Sometimes we will shoot at the back fence or at table or under tree it can be alot of fun.
    The second game is the same as above but you shoot it from a wabble trap machine with harder lefts and rights and targets are now going up and down as well. I hope this helps you out. I would try standard trap first, until you progress to the wabble version. Best of Luck playing these fun games.Break-em all. Jeff

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Slider is the best for singles and handicap.

Curt

6. deadeyedukewannabe

7. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

8. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

You've already got the 2 yard slider going which is a wonderful way to teach kids about the adjustments as you go back in yardage.

I also like to have my son shoot each station clean or he shoots it over until he cleans it.

Another fun game at the 16 yard line is to play doo-dahs, the 1st shooter breaks the target and the 2nd shooter tries to break a chip.

We also lock the trap on hard lefts, straightaways or hard rights and shoot a box for each. 9 on 3, then 8 on 1 and 8 on 5.....same drill for all presentations.

9. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I once had a coach that would have a shooter start at the 16yd pad and back up or move foreward at no regular distance to prove that they were able to break every target at any distance if they only concentrated and focused on the bird.

10. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I once had a coach that would have a shooter start at the 16yd pad and back up or move foreward at no regular distance to prove that they were able to break every target at any distance if they only concentrated and focused on the bird.

11. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Slider. Its fun, its a change-up, and its good practice for both 16's and handicaps. Its wasier to shoot with either a puller or wireless callers. Wired ones can be a pain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fun trap shooting games

sx-2 trap shoot practice

trap practice

trap practice games

trap shooting fun practice games

trap shooting game for practice

trap shooting practice games

trapshooting practice games